Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By offkeye Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:42 pm
Within a project with multiple audio .wav files, Force seems to adjust imported .wav files to the current set tempo incorrectly. So, if I record audio via mic or guitar the tempo is exactly as I recorded it, but when I upload an audio recording into the project, this uploaded audio clip has its tempo adjusted which I don't want Force to do. When I go to adjust the project tempo settings to correct for this, I can successfully correct the imported audio file but then all my other audio files have their tempos adjusted too. Is there a way to adjust each clips tempo separately from one another? I'm not seeing any options for this. If not, is there a way around this issue anyone knows of?
By B-Wise Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:57 am
offkeye wrote:Within a project with multiple audio .wav files, Force seems to adjust imported .wav files to the current set tempo incorrectly.

So, if I record audio via mic or guitar the tempo is exactly as I recorded it, but when I upload an audio recording into the project, this uploaded audio clip has its tempo adjusted which I don't want Force to do.

Some of this is difficult to follow.
Is the original file tempo in the audio track editor the same as the Project tempo?

When dealing with audio samples, having extra space in the start and/or end can lead to a inaccurate BPM value for that file. This can cause confusion because the file is on beat when you play it even though the files tempo is different than the project tempo.

Why would you need to upload the file to the project if you recorded to the project?

When you say the Force adjusted the tempo do you mean via the Warp feature (which should be off, but I think it's on for audio tracks by default so check the preference settings) or what?

offkeye wrote:When I go to adjust the project tempo settings to correct for this, I can successfully correct the imported audio file but then all my other audio files have their tempos adjusted too.

Make sure Warp is off on all those clips & that those files BPM is the same as the Project tempo. If not you'll have to adjust the sample length, most likely decrease the end point till it matches the project tempo.

offkeye wrote:Is there a way to adjust each clips tempo separately from one another? I'm not seeing any options for this. If not, is there a way around this issue anyone knows of?

For audio clip which I'm just starting to get into so I may be wrong, but you should be able to adjust them in the clip/grid editor. For drum tracks you do in the track editor & do it for each sample. The clips doesn't have tempo parameters they're just containers for audio/MIDI/CV data.

Hopefully someone with more audio clips knowledge can help you.