Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Timo Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:16 pm
I was wondering what native sample rate the Force uses internally. I know it can use files in a variety of sample rates (44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, and up), but ultimately it must run at some sample rate internally.

I did come across this on page 74 of the manual:

The settings on this screen allow you to set up an external USB and Linux class-compliant audio interface for use with your Force hardware. Audio devices must also be set to 44.1 kHz sample rate and 128 sample buffer size.

This makes me believe that internally the Force runs at 44.1 kHz, but that's just speculation on my part.

Does anybody know?

Reason why I'm asking is that I want to use audio files on the Force that are at its native sample rate, so that it doesn't have to do sample rate conversion. Just makes things less resource intensive, and without SRC artifacts.
By Lampdog Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:31 pm
Sample a sound into the Force. Check out the properties of that sample. That's Native.

But you read it in the manual already. It's not speculation.
By Lampdog Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:39 pm
Yep yep. Hope it works out for you.

:-D