Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By lsq23 Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:46 pm
Hi all. Thanks for having me. Long time lurker here. Finally hit a snag I can use some help with.

My Force puts up this light show soon after bootup. Can switch screens and toggle buttons but it seems the machine now has a brain of its own. Functions buttons dont do the stuff they are tied to, and the whole unit changes screens and modes randomly. Should I open up the unit and clean?

Tried everything. Swapped hdd, installed an ssd, downgraded and reinstalled firmware multiple times, switched the psu. Nothing worked for me unfortunately. Havent used it in a few months and the place does collect dust even tough I kept it amply covered. Happened after I updated the device after 5+ months of it lying unused. Cant up a vid so heres the link showing what happens.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/382925484 ... er&__cft__[0]=AZVd71y6QOkOvQLKGQhNnbk8_bGyv9t0j-cXjT7SeuVFDMZWvISHU8AdMoZ-1jTWlitp71KV7PVrYAK7dK1F_T5Wx9Q486aE0jVGeY6pqxYzjJg3dSeBkXzhw72jkK8k1Y19uT-dSIJSinJWIfeuvEagQiELdX2Rf20ro6O4cz2T9g&__tn__=H-R

I love my device to bits as it is the centre of my studio. Any help is highly solicited. Thank you!