Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By [email protected] Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:06 pm
How do I hook up the force to UPhoria over USB. The audio interface only has USB B connector, while the force has USB 3.0 B connector and two USB A connectors. I know that when I hook up the force to a computer, I use the USB 3.0 B connector on the force to connect to an ordinary USB A on the computer. Should I connect the ordinary USB B connector on the audio interface to the USB A connector on the force? I have tried that it doesn’t appear to work, but there might be another reason. I did configure the force to communicate over the USB networks in the preferences. Is there such a thing as a USB 3.0 B cable with USB be on the other side? Curiously none of the tutorials or videos mention what cable connection is used …
By MPC-Tutor Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:16 pm
Force USB 'A' to Interface USB 'B'. Make sure the Behringer is set to 44.1Hz sampling rate. It should work as it seems to be class compliant.

Please be more specific when you say 'it doesn't appear to work' - are you getting an error message? Does the interface show as a selectable option in 'Preferences > Audio Device? Have you rebooted your Force?