Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By offkeye Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:29 pm
So, I tried saving my first Ableton Set file on Force and it took around 20 hours to save and was 75GB! This was not a big project that I'm aware of. It was simply about 9 audio clips and each were about 4 minutes long, multiple vocals and one piano recording. I also had some unused tracks preloaded that were simply there because they are part of my user template. So I go and check all the files and see where all the space is being used up and it looks like it's from the unused tracks. For example, I have an audio track I have set up to record guitar that I didn't use, but the .wav file for it is 10.9GB. My vocal recording and the piano I have recorded all are reasonable sizes, at well under 1 GB. Can anyone clue me in on if this is normal, or if there is some option I need to select or change?
By offkeye Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:34 am
Well, it looks like not only it was a massive file but also corrupted, at least I'm guessing. Ableton will load up this set but it stutters horribly. I've tried messing with the buffer size but that just makes it worse.

On top of that, and I'd say even worse, my original Force file won't play any sound now. My other projects work just fine, but this particular one (the only one I tried creating an Ableton Set with) now won't make a sound. It seems to be playing within Force and operating everything else fine, but no sound. Good times.