Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By allmyfriendsaresynths Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:57 am
Hello there.

I am trying to figure out how to stop samples from playing after the clips are... stopped.

As in: If I have a bunch of clips which loop, playing along, and then select a 'blank' clip to stop that particular track or part, how can I have all of the audio from that particular clip finish when the clip switches to the blank, as opposed to it continuing to play until the sample hits the end point?

This is apparently quite difficult to explain, but hopefully you get the idea.

Thanks in advance!
By B-Wise Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:27 pm
There are multiple ways to do this.
1-If the pads Sample Play option is set to Note On, you can set the pad gate length in the List-Editor.

2-If the pads are on One Shot, make sure the samples are the length of bars you want them to end.

3-On those blank clips have a pad w/o a sample & a pad that you to stop playing set to a mute group then insert each of those empty pads to the beginning of the clip sequence so they cut off the pads with samples. Sometimes this option isn't possible if there are no free pads, so you might have to split up a track program.

4-Resample that last row then insert that in the sequence mute or delete the part that you just sampled then trim the end point to stop where you want.

There are probably more methods, but that's all I got for now. Also, double tapping Stop ends all samples.

BTW are you the redhead dude with the YouTube channel?
By allmyfriendsaresynths Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:31 pm
B-Wise wrote:There are multiple ways to do this.
1-If the pads Sample Play option is set to Note On, you can set the pad gate length in the List-Editor.

2-If the pads are on One Shot, make sure the samples are the length of bars you want them to end.

3-On those blank clips have a pad w/o a sample & a pad that you to stop playing set to a mute group then insert each of those empty pads to the beginning of the clip sequence so they cut off the pads with samples. Sometimes this option isn't possible if there are no free pads, so you might have to split up a track program.

4-Resample that last row then insert that in the sequence mute or delete the part that you just sampled then trim the end point to stop where you want.

BTW are you the redhead dude with the YouTube channel?

Really helpful, thank you. I think Options 1 and 3 are most applicable. I was hoping there was some kind of global setting that I could just tell the Force to kill audio from clips once a new 'blank' chain is triggered on that track. But alas...

as for YouTube... I would argue that I am blonde with a ginger beard, but still (!).
By B-Wise Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:46 pm
When read over that long-ass thread I realized that Akai did add a lot of those features users asks for early on...so maybe that can give you "A New Hope" :wink: in the Force development.

May the motha **** Force be with you!