Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By B-Wise Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:12 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:What's the point though. Existing audio track functionality is pretty much useless for anything, but with a hack you could have more? With only slightly increased instability?

How is the audio tracks useless? & it's also gives the Force over 20 plugins or whatever the CPU can handle - so no 8 tracks of Studio Strings just yet, but it's a start. It also let us know the cool things that can still be done on this 5yr old machine.
By stonecoldgroove Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:44 am
Force has been able to do this for quite some time.
Yes, you have to load the remaining tracks into Drum Programs and play them back, but 20-22 tracks is pretty doable most days.

Any more than that and some tracks stop playing back.

If there was only a way to Bounce tracks internally, and I don’t know… start a new set of tracks with the bounced material and add to it, effectively making the track limit arbitrary?
By B-Wise Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:04 am
stonecoldgroove wrote:Force has been able to do this for quite some time.
Yes, you have to load the remaining tracks into Drum Programs and play them back, but 20-22 tracks is pretty doable most days.

Any more than that and some tracks stop playing back.

If there was only a way to Bounce tracks internally, and I don’t know… start a new set of tracks with the bounced material and add to it, effectively making the track limit arbitrary?

That's not the same as having 20 audio-tracks & plug-ins.

Re Bounce Track internally, can't you kinda do that by Flattening pads, resampling or making a Audio-mixdown? - or did I miss your point?
By stonecoldgroove Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:33 am
The Mockba Mod reskins *this* existing ability as if it were new.

The other MIDI based Mods are pretty cool; follow actions, different sequencer types, etc. Don’t get it in your mind that I’m dissing Mr. Talwar’s work, of which I am a fan and have personally benefited from.

But the “20 audio track” Mod merely reskins playing back an audio track from a drum program - running a track from a drum program actually gives 4 more plugin slots for that particular track via the Pad Mixer.

It’s not as if the mod changes the amount of recordable tracks.

RE bouncing, that comment was 100% sardonic.
By B-Wise Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:58 pm
stonecoldgroove wrote:The Mockba Mod reskins *this* existing ability as if it were new.

The other MIDI based Mods are pretty cool; follow actions, different sequencer types, etc. Don’t get it in your mind that I’m dissing Mr. Talwar’s work, of which I am a fan and have personally benefited from.

But the “20 audio track” Mod merely reskins playing back an audio track from a drum program - running a track from a drum program actually gives 4 more plugin slots for that particular track via the Pad Mixer.

It’s not as if the mod changes the amount of recordable tracks.

RE bouncing, that comment was 100% sardonic.

Gotcha. I never used the hack yet since I'm working on moving old beats to the Force & don't want to learn a new advanced OS when plain OS is deep on it's own. Re Bouncing I thought you were joking but wasn't sure :lol: