Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By dnkygirl Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:07 am
Hi All,

As of late Akai has been doing some great releases, but some are not coming over to the Force. They are planning to make the new Stems separator available to MPC, but they haven't even mentioned the Force at all. We didn't get the Flex plugin as well not that we needed that because we have most of those effects already via x&y or at the insert level. The stems separator though is making me feel some kinda way about some of these releases. I wish they would just make this new plugins available to both platforms at the same time. It can't be a compatibility issue because the force and the mpc live and mpc live 2 have the exact same hardware base. Seems really weird to be pushing this hard to only one branch of the whole tree.
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:13 am
I'm using the free Demucs software for stem separation. Fantastic quality. And Ableton Live to clip to length, warp and quantize everything to exact target BPM. Superb workflow.
By B-Wise Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:12 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:I'm using the free Demucs software for stem separation. Fantastic quality. And Ableton Live to clip to length, warp and quantize everything to exact target BPM. Superb workflow.

That's not the point.

To the OP,
There supposed to be a big Force update in the Spring, hopefully we'll get everything we're currently missing & more. May you the MPC still doesn't have like certain Force features like Steaming, track/FX reordering the more advanced marco system like the 16 envelope followers. I doubt they won't give us stems eventually. Just be patient like MPC users waiting on 3.0 :lol:
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:48 am
The point was, you don't have to wait for an Akai update (and paid feature) to get stem separation, if you need it.
By B-Wise Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:31 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:The point was, you don't have to wait for an Akai update (and paid feature) to get stem separation, if you need it.

Your point is still is something everybody already knew, but whatever.
By Pauluz Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:15 am
Right...not talking about alternatives here...I also would like to see stems on the Force! :worthy:
By Koekepan Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:41 pm
On a point of order, mister chairman ...

... as of the last that I'd heard, MPC stem separation happened through software, not natively on the MPC itself. Has this changed? If not, I think that we may be a long way from having it on the Force because the Force doesn't have companion software the way that the MPC does.

This is actually one of the things that I value about the Force because it's a genuine standalone package. You don't have to reach for a USB connection to a computer or anything else to do a soup-to-nuts production. You can create an entire work, down to trimming and rendering the result to a .flac onboard.

I think that a LUFS level normalisation tool would actually have more immediate value than stem separation.
By B-Wise Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:02 pm
Stem for MPC standalone was announced to be coming later in the future back when Stems were first announced. Akai even said that when it's available that anyone that bought the controller version for $10 won't have to buy the standalone version.

My theory is that if Stems is coming to the Force we won't get "MPC-Stems" before the MPC gets it for standalone, unless they make "Force-Stems" that may even have some unique Force features.

The fact that they didn't mention the Force getting MPC-Stems kinda make sense if they're working on Force-Stems, because why not call MPC-Stems; Akai-Stems that both platforms could use. Mystery red ninja tactics as usual :mrgreen: