Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By mario-g Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:37 pm
I bought an Akai Force a few years ago and could never sell it for a reasonable price.
I tried 80%, then 75%, then 60% of the price I paid, nothing.
It even increased in price due to inflation, but can't get it sold.
Why is this?
By B-Wise Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:18 pm
mario-g wrote:I bought an Akai Force a few years ago and could never sell it for a reasonable price.
I tried 80%, then 75%, then 60% of the price I paid, nothing.
It even increased in price due to inflation, but can't get it sold.
Why is this?

Without way more info how is anyone here gonna be able to answer a question like that. If it helps I brought my Force used in 2021 for $888 so there hope but you just may be a bad salesman. :wink:
By mario-g Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:00 pm
My location is Manchester, United Kingdom (as the profile info states), and I've been selling it on Reverb and Facebook Marketplace.
I sold various high end used instruments such as the MPC Live II, Elektron Analog Four, Elektron Analog Rytm, for about 65%-70% of the price when bought new.
The Akai Force doesn't get sold. Not only by me, but by a lot of others on Reverb. We are trying to sell it at about £700, where new it costs about £1050, this works out to a 65% of the price of the new one.
By Neurone Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:26 pm
I'm currently in Liverpool, I managed to get £800 for mine on Marketplace (I can see yours advertised).
Mine was basically new with a 2TB SSD fitted with gangbuster levels of packs installed.
My problem was I hated the workflow, I think it was written by people who hate muscians lol.
Couldn't wait to see the back of it.
Good luck, it looks a minter!!
By tanis Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:54 am
Neurone wrote:I'm currently in Liverpool, I managed to get £800 for mine on Marketplace (I can see yours advertised).
Mine was basically new with a 2TB SSD fitted with gangbuster levels of packs installed.
My problem was I hated the workflow, I think it was written by people who hate muscians lol.
Couldn't wait to see the back of it.
Good luck, it looks a minter!!

So you ditched the Force and what are you using now?
By Neurone Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:56 pm
Mostly the MPC One, I also have an MPC-X available but it's a bit on the large side.
By HouseWithoutMouse Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:02 pm
What kind of music do you make, and how was Force's workflow bad? I have a hard time imagining how anything about the MPC could be better than the Force, except maybe the size if it's an MPC One.