Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By uptfusion Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:15 pm
Hello so I just got a force from a friend after my push 2 got damage, the question I have is can I trigger a vst or built in instrument from ableton live using the force note pads? If so how I’ve been searching and haven’t seen anything about using ableton instruments with the force. Thank you
By HouseWithoutMouse Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:46 am
According to the manual, "Force's pads are fixed to clip launching in Ableton Live Control Mode." So one thing is certain: you won't be able to do it in Live Control Mode.

Try using normal standalone mode, and use a MIDI track and an external MIDI port to send notes from the pads to Ableton.
By headsnack Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:20 pm
There are lots of easy-to-implement features for Ableton Control Mode that are not 'allowed'. For example, playing a drum rack from Ableton should work similarly to the Force standalone mode where you can have your kit in the lower right and the step sequence up above. However, it can't be done.

The only reason why this and other features haven't been implemented is because of a backend deal with Ableton and Akai. Ableton only allows for basic controls or everybody would abandon their Push for a Force. They let Akai make controllers for their software, so long as they're not too full of features that would compete with their in-house instrument.
That being said, as the other cat answered, standard midi control might be possible.