Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By HouseWithoutMouse Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:03 pm
Is there a way to get envelope followers to work straight away after loading a project, without having to go and toggle each one of them off and back on? It's quite frustrating. They look like they're "on", but they don't modulate the destination parameters before toggling off/on. Every single one has to be kick-started separately. Force Firmware 3.2.3.
By B-Wise Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:51 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Is there a way to get envelope followers to work straight away after loading a project, without having to go and toggle each one of them off and back on? It's quite frustrating. They look like they're "on", but they don't modulate the destination parameters before toggling off/on. Every single one has to be kick-started separately. Force Firmware 3.2.3.

I have to test this out later, but can you get them all started & then save it as part of your Project template?
By HouseWithoutMouse Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:45 pm
If I save a project while envelope followers are ON and running, when I load the project back, they are "ON" and running - the curve on the left side of the screen is running, BUT they do not modulate the destinations. I have to turn each envelope follower OFF - so that the curve stops running - and back ON, and THEN it starts to actually do its thing. The same thing has to be done for every envelope follower. If I have 12 envelope followers, I have to go through every one, 12 of them. OFF, ON. Next. OFF, ON, Next. 12 times. Every time I load the project.
By B-Wise Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:21 am
Damn that sucks. I made a thread for reporting bugs on the Force, I'll find it put there & hopefully more people will add to it so we can know all the different issues on this thing. Did you report it to Akai?