Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Thune Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:12 pm
Hi all, first post here!

I'm quite new to the Force so it might only be something I stupidly been overlooking: I've got an drumsynth kick plugin which I use for a bassline. When I export the mixdown the notes become shorter while on the Force they have a nice sustain to them as it should be. TC is off and everything else sounds the same on the Force and exported track.

Does some know what I've been missing?

Thanks in advance!
By Koekepan Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:21 pm
I don't immediately know, but let's see if we can get more information: the notes in the arrangement, are they shorter for some reason than the notes in the clips? Can you compare them? Also, does the arrangement play correctly before you do a mixdown?
By 64hz Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:05 am
I have a similar problem with effect automation not printing correctly.
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 pm
As a workaround you can play it live and record it to your computer or audio recorder? Maybe even to Force itself with a loopback cable, if you have a spare audio track.
By B-Wise Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:46 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:As a workaround you can play it live and record it to your computer or audio recorder? Maybe even to Force itself with a loopback cable, if you have a spare audio track.

Can't you just Resample it without the loop back cable or did I miss something?
By B-Wise Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:04 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Oh yeah, I didn't think of that. Maybe because I only use resampling for resampling, like for creating big chord or texture samples from sequences.

I use it mainly to record performances. The way I have my audio setup I can use the Resampler to record ext & internal audio with the sampler input FX & the Master out FX!

I send the Force Outs 1 & 2 to one of the Mackie 1202 VLZ4 mixers Aux return & have the Mixers Alternative outs go into the Force inputs while the Force outs 3 & 4 go to a 2 channels on the mixer. When you press mute on any mixers channel it will send the signal to the ALT outs & into the Force. I mainly did this as a to free up 2 channels on the mixer.

I still need a mixer with USB or a good audio interface to really take it to the next level, but all I've been doing for the last 3 years with the is moving old beats to it & learning the features & how to best use them (& jamming for hours). I should be finished this month!