Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Ofsky Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:01 am
Hey Force users. I'm about to start performing live! I extended my outputs with an interface as I want all my instruments flowing through the force and out to monitors and amps. My question is, can I apply a single effect like a lp filter to all of my outputs so everything drops out with a single knob turn? I know I can use send effects, but this is more of a blending options. I hope this is achievable! Please let me know your thoughts and experience with this! Thanks! :smoker:
By B-Wise Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:58 am
You use the master output FX & set a macro for it. This works for sending all Tracks & Pads outs, but not for different outs. Unless you send all those out to a mixer & then bring its master outs back into the Force first. Or maybe I'm just not understanding your question.
By Ofsky Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:37 am
Hey B-Wise! Thanks for your response. To clarify, I will be expanding my ins and outs with an interface. 8 in 8 out. I will be using a guitar looper that will have its own dedicated L+R output as it will be going to 2 amps. Everything else will pretty much be going to the house monitors. The master outputs pertain to each stereo output, either on the force or the attached interface correct? Meaning those effects will only be applied to the master channel they are coming out of. I could definitely send it through a a mixer first, I was just curious if I would be able to just use the force for this. I was thinking I could just use send effects, but they sound too much like parallel signals. I might be overthinking everything,
By Koekepan Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:18 pm
You should be able to do this with a submix. Route the appropriate channels to the submix, then route that to the main outs, and you can put another four effects on the submix.
By Ofsky Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:51 pm
Thank you all for your feedback! I think I figured out how I'm going to do this. The secret lies in Macro Knobs. On that page, you can set multiple outputs along with their parameters to 1 knob. I haven't tested this with my connected interface yet, but on the force multiple outputs seem to be reacting to 1 knob turn. I know this might seem obvious to some, but I feel like after a year with this thing, I am constantly learning something new. I hope this helps! :-D
By B-Wise Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:08 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Tip: you can jump to the macro edit screen ("Edit knobs") by holding down EDIT and touching a Q-link knob.

Or you can do what I do & assign the Macro menu icon to quick menu slide out thing on the left of the screen - which should be on the right or bottom or even made invisible so it's not blocking anything!