Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By [email protected] Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:08 pm
I recently decided to use the force as my main tool for solo live performance. One of the ways in which I aim to use it is is for live looping. Given the numerous easily accessible slots, one could imagine, live arrangements in a very flexible manner. Unfortunately, when I try to put this into practice, I noticed that I run out of memory much faster than I expected. Is there some hidden menu that creates a situation where not all of the sampling memory is available to me? What is the actual total sampling time available on the fourth?
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:30 pm
Using the gigantic plugins Akai sells you, will eat up RAM, so I've heard. Switching on disk streaming should help, because then the recorded audio doesn't have to fit in RAM, it is streamed to and from disk. The user guide i.e. manual tells where to locate Disk Streaming.

Just make sure you don't record to the internal drive. Install an SSD drive and set that as your recording and project data disk. And ALWAYS when saving anything, double-check that you're not saving on [Internal].

User guide 3.2 https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/akai/Forc ... 20v3.2.zip

Remember, always when you see the text [Internal] when saving, you're making a mistake. If you see [Internal] when loading, you know you've already made a mistake.
By B-Wise Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:07 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:My excuse for not posting the link to that one is, I couldn't find it in the unordered list. I wonder what yours is.

Laziness :lol: I was just pointing it out. Not hating on your effort. I also figured that if your on this page you already have that Akai Download page bookmarked so just knowing that there's a newer version should be good enough.