Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By PGRM Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:19 am
Hi. I have just picked up a used Force and registered it to my account. How do I update the name showing on the Force itself to my account?

Also, is an SSD preferred over jst using SD cards?

Any other tips for initial set up please?
By zangetsu01 Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:28 pm
PGRM wrote:Hi. I have just picked up a used Force and registered it to my account. How do I update the name showing on the Force itself to my account?

Also, is an SSD preferred over jst using SD cards?

Any other tips for initial set up please?

Bought a used MPC X SE this week and noticed that I couldn’t register it to my account and so I went to Akai Pro > support and chatted with customer support. They asked me for the serial number and proof that I’ve bought it (the receipt). So I gave it to them and than they asked me to what email adress I wanted to register the device. I gave them my email adress and it was fixed within a minute..
By B-Wise Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:58 pm
I use both SSD, SD & or a USB stick. Mines is used & came with a 1TB SSD which is way more space than I'll need for a long time. So unless your a DJ or whatever with a abnormally large sample collection 128-256 GB is more than enough.

I use the SSD as my main storage & the SD/USB stick as the backup that I can easily pop out & put in my Mac to move files to back it up there as well as to send files to the Force.

The little blue plastic piece inside the USB port broke when something fell on on cable. I was able to spead the prongs & put it back so that it still works, but I rather not use it. This has happened to some other users so I put this info here just incase for others.

Whatever you do don't save to the internal factory drive, unless it's just a temporary thing that will be deleted afterwards.
Make to set sure to set the SSD/SD/USB as the Temp folder in the Preferences. It's set to the factory drive by default I think & that's a major source of problems for new users.

For tips, just go thru this page, I made many post for just that. I recommend the Macro post I made & the short button list I put on here which should be a sticky, but whatever.

Make sure you have the latest OS & manual which is both currently at 3.30.
By PGRM Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:24 pm
Thanks for the comments.

I had to log the Force on to my WiFi, I could then log out on the Force, and then after some time and a couple of attempts, it logged in to my account.

I also picked up an SD and SSD for the unit, and updated to 3.3.0.

Lots of interesting reading ahead going through this forum. :-D
By B-Wise Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:57 am
PGRM wrote:Thanks for the comments.

I had to log the Force on to my WiFi, I could then log out on the Force, and then after some time and a couple of attempts, it logged in to my account.

I also picked up an SD and SSD for the unit, and updated to 3.3.0.

Lots of interesting reading ahead going through this forum. :-D

That great! What size SD & SSD did you get?
& make sure you have the latest manual.
By PGRM Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:56 am
I picked up a 64Gb SD and a 480Gb SSD. I have the latest manual on several devices for easy access. :)
By B-Wise Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:03 pm
PGRM wrote:I picked up a 64Gb SD and a 480Gb SSD. I have the latest manual on several devices for easy access. :)

Cool & may the Force be with you!