Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Cooper77 Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 pm
Hi everyone. I bought a Force a few days ago, new on Amazon. It came with firmware 3.1.1, I updated to 3.3. I have not installed disk/sd, I have not saved anything on the internal memory. Preset exploration only. Everything ok for a few days, but for a few hours it has become totally non-responsive. Browsing the plugin presets it freezes and no longer responds to movements of the Data Deal or the +/- keys. The touchscreen doesn't respond either. After a while a rectangle appears at the top right "Loading..." and the name of the preset. "Matrix", "Menu", and other buttons are unresponsive. After a while it finally goes to the menu or matrix. I try to turn it off, it doesn't respond. It takes a long time to turn off and and a long time tu turn on. I tried to reset the preferences, but nothing changed.
Please help!! What is going on?
By Cooper77 Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:25 pm
B-Wise wrote:Don't know what's up with that.
Did you ry going back to a earlier OS & seeing if it still does that?

I hadn't tried yet. I didn't know you could go back to previous firmware!
By Cooper77 Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:25 pm
64hz wrote:If it’s new return it and get another unit.

yes actually that's what I think I'll do.

I just wanted to understand if these were "normal" quirks for this gear.
By Cooper77 Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:38 pm
There is an important update on this. I downgraded to firmware 3.1.,1 (the one installed when the Force arrived) and it seems that the problem no longer occurs. So what to do? Continue with 3.1.1, contact Akai Support, or return to Amazon?
Thank you all!
By B-Wise Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:04 pm
Cooper77 wrote:There is an important update on this. I downgraded to firmware 3.1.,1 (the one installed when the Force arrived) and it seems that the problem no longer occurs. So what to do? Continue with 3.1.1, contact Akai Support, or return to Amazon?
Thank you all!

Upgrade to 3.30 & see if it still works. If not send it back. Good luck!
By B-Wise Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:04 pm
Ask Akai to send you the factory reset file. Maybe something got messed up. You have nothing to lose & if that doesn't work send it back.