Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:18 pm
If you open the arrangement and set the loop to bars 1-8, or 1-16, it will be pretty much immediately obvious what's happening, and why the launches happen when they happen. Whenever the playhead line reaches a bar number that's divisible by your launch quantize setting plus one it's row launch time.
By PGRM Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:41 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:If you open the arrangement and set the loop to bars 1-8, or 1-16, it will be pretty much immediately obvious what's happening, and why the launches happen when they happen. Whenever the playhead line reaches a bar number that's divisible by your launch quantize setting plus one it's row launch time.

Thank you. I will check this out when I get a chance in the next couple of days. Strange that just selecting the quantisation using the buttons doesn't just do it.
By HouseWithoutMouse Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:41 pm
Great! There are so many things to learn with this device.

Even if you know how it works, I think it's still possible to mess up by playing a shorter part or break, if you forget where the arrangement position is.