Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By hobonickel Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:12 pm
I have Akai force and someone is sending me Deepmin12D synth. Trying to get ahead of its arrival, how would I connect this old school synth to the akai force? It seems as though I will need a midi adaptor and someone mentioned this adaptor came standard with the Force, but I bought my Force as a demo unit in which it did not come with this cable. Is this the best way to connect or should I say only way? What exact cable adaptor will I need to connect analog synth to the akai force? I am very new to this crazy bottomless pit world of music production but very excited for the adventure ..If anyone can help I appreciate it.. I spent time trying to figure out what cable adaptor so I can purchase one ahead of time but not being familiar with the literal "ins and outs"
has me worried I will get the wrong one ....i am guessing its a MIDI Adapter Type B 3.5mm TRS Male to Female 5-pin DIN ...Is this the adaptor that comes standard with the Akai Force?
Thanks
By 64hz Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:01 am
Deepmind isn’t really old school it’s a fairly new synth. Wouldn’t be surprised if you can hook it up tru usb or something. U need a midi to mini jack converter to use midi.