Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By hobonickel Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:11 am
Short version:
1. 3.1 free synth file folder appears empty in standalone mode
2. Added SSD is not removeable so can't safely eject

Log version and begging for mercy:
Can someone please help me understand this. When I downloaded and unzipped the free synth downloads
I then sent the file (synth folder only) over to ssd drive in computer mode as a few have previously but vaguely suggested but after exiting computer mode and looking in the Akai SSD folder the folder is there but no content. I am very new to the Akai Force but I just want to work through these basics without spontaneously combusting. i may say this has been a test of my self awareness and ability to remain centered.
I really don't know what these free files Akai blessed us with do but I am trying to learn and get used to moving files correctly etc so I don't need to worry about it at all later. I did manage to update the firmware with no problem. However when I added this ssd drive and formatted to exfat I thought i was passed all this nonsense but then windows didn't recognize the drive and it took all day to figure that out why I finally just gave up and assigned the dang drive letter myself. Another thing that is not confluent is the ssd drive shows up as non-removeable so there is no safely ejecting as the cursed thing requests every time I try to exit standalone mode and always reminding me about some risk I know nothing about in this sick game of Akai roulette! I have spent all day trying to fly this somewhat cursed ship called The Force (it's a force alright lol) for the first time and have not created anything yet.... this plane is still on the ground. Can someone please help if they know about this stuff. I just want to get to the fun stuff and put all this tech bs behind me as my ADHD likes to create but not problems. I try to do things in order of importance. Storage management seems important and Sisyphus be damned!
By B-Wise Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:02 pm
It really helps if break up your sentences, especially with technical issues.

Did you try a different SSD or SD card?
Did you try repairing the the current in 1 disk utilities or whatever it's called on windows?

There was some other suggestions I had about other things you said but I'm not reading thru all that again to figure out what it was. Good luck