Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By K. Rah Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:45 pm
I put a sd card in my force of old drum programs I made out of breakbeats. Back then I would structure all my kits so that I could load up several and switch between them while the sequence played, choose the one I want and the pattern would generally be appropriate mapped (kicks on pad 1-2-3, etc.

In the force, do I have to load a drum program onto a new track each time? I don’t want to copy midi information to another track (or “send to track” or merge programs), just want to toggle between programs I’ve loaded on one track so it’ll play my performance. Is this a force clip/mpc track language barrier thing? Hopefully I’m being clear..

Edit: thought I was in the Force section when I posted, sorry.
By B-Wise Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:58 pm
K. Rah wrote:I put a sd card in my force of old drum programs I made out of breakbeats. Back then I would structure all my kits so that I could load up several and switch between them while the sequence played, choose the one I want and the pattern would generally be appropriate mapped (kicks on pad 1-2-3, etc.

In the force, do I have to load a drum program onto a new track each time? I don’t want to copy midi information to another track (or “send to track” or merge programs), just want to toggle between programs I’ve loaded on one track so it’ll play my performance. Is this a force clip/mpc track language barrier thing? Hopefully I’m being clear..

Edit: thought I was in the Force section when I posted, sorry.

No can do on the Force & the workarounds you already said you don't want to do.
By Lampdog Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:17 am
K. Rah wrote:Edit: thought I was in the Force section when I posted, sorry.

Moved to Force section for you.
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:12 am
On the Force, each Track has its own internal program which is a part of the track itself. (Well, internally they're probably separate, but you can only do what the user interface allows you to do) On the MPC, tracks and programs are separate things and you can e.g. have more programs than tracks.

The workarounds on the Force are, as you already found out:
- Load a new drum program to the track, replacing the old one, to change the sounds.
- Use a separate MIDI track for notes and several drum tracks for the sounds, one track for each program. Route the MIDI notes to the track you want.

Additionally you could:
- Use an MPC