Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By B-Wise Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:50 pm
This is part 2 of 2 of me showing a Gearspace member how to arrange a song using the Force Clip-Matrix using this concept I call the Clip-Bank Method. This is just a basic demo, but I'll make a more detailed version in the future as I'm still perfecting it. In short it allows you to use the Clip-Matrix like Ableton Arranger & Session view.

For more info on the Gearspace post that inspired this video: https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.ph ... ount=30993 This a copy of my comment from Gearspace (my user name is Wise Beats):

"The second video is me roughly showing how my "Clip-Bank method" works to create a new song with just copying & pasting the clips in the Clip-Bank, which is all the clips above the blank row of clips on scene 8 using the Inset & Capture feature. I start by putting them on scene 11 keep some kind of order to the song. If I more than 11 clips in the the Clip-Bank I would start the song on Scene 21. I put a blank row of clips at the end of the song to signal that the song is over & if I want to make a new version of the song I would start any where below it. Remember there's 999 Scenes/Clips.

Pay attention to the Launch scene numbers on the right side of the screen. Off screen I'm using button shortcuts to move around the clip-matrix super fast. I then show how the Navigate view can show you the whole Project at once & how you can use it to move around the clip-matrix. You can hold Shift+the top 8 pads or Shift+any of the Directional buttons to move by 8 tracks at once.

This Project is one of my custom templates & each of the different colors is for a different synth. The first 16 gray tracks is for the RS7000, next 16 Light Blue=Proteus 2500, Green=MC707, Dark Blue=Akai Plugins, Next Red=TR8S which really has 11 tracks but to keep it even with 8 I put the last 3 after the 8 Yellow Audio tracks. The rest is dummy tracks & the last red one is a Drum track.

Finally I show the Arranger that had data from an older project just to show what you can do with the "song" in the Clip-Matrix once you record into it"