Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Stevejaz Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:40 am
After a lot of trying, I eventually remembered I had to "record to arrangement" in order to save mix down as stereo mp3, which I have done successfully. I now wish to save as stems for an online collaboration. I must be missing something once again as having created a folder on my flash drive and saved to it, all I end up with is an empty folder. The Force appears to be saving one track at a time, as I would expect, but there's nothing in the folder. Not even empty tracks. I have also tried saving as Ableton Live project but the Force seems to refuse to save anywhere but it's own internal hard drive. Not about to do that.
Any help gratefully appreciated.
By 64hz Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:42 am
What happens when you connect your sd to a computer and search the drive for the files?
By Stevejaz Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:05 pm
Thanks 64 Hz
Had never thought of that. Is that the only way it works? I mean I'd looked in the manual and saw no mention of that. I'd just assumed that if the files were there I would find them with the Force browser.
Anyway I'm not exactly sure what was there, but 2 out of 3 audio files were totally useable. The 3rd cut out after 4 bars. The drums were just a lot of one shots as far as I could tell, but I'll continue exploring. Is there any sort of tutorial or section in the manual which covers this stuff? All I can find in the manual is just a run down of button functions in the save menu.
I'm particularly interested in saving Ableton Live versions to share in an online collaboration. For the moment was able to email a couple of useable wave files. That's the other thing. I had selected save as mp3 but it saved as wave files. Fortunately it was only a 16 bar loop and they were small enough.
By 64hz Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:29 pm
I just figured you might find them that way. I just have a folder called mixdowns on my sd and save to that directly. I select the sd on the left side of the screen and scroll to the folder, select it and save my file.
By B-Wise Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:44 pm
64hz wrote:I just figured you might find them that way. I just have a folder called mixdowns on my sd and save to that directly. I select the sd on the left side of the screen and scroll to the folder, select it and save my file.

You don't use the folder shortcut tabs on top of the browser screen or are they used up already?
By 64hz Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:01 pm
It’s used up to quickly go to other folders. :nod:
By B-Wise Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:53 pm
64hz wrote:It’s used up to quickly go to other folders. :nod:

OK. Just checking.