Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Kellysk8er Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:57 am
I recently purchased MPC Drum patterns for my Akai Force and am having trouble hearing the drum patterns once they have been loaded into the clip. I create a drum track in the clip matrix, I click load and then select the drum pattern. I load the drum pattern, and it says that it loaded. I open the Clip Editor and can see the notes of the pattern in the editor and I can see that something is playing but I have no audio, I can't hear anything. Is there some setting that I need to change? I've gone through the whole device and am stumped. Thank you for you help!
By Lampdog Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:07 am
I’m guessing the drum “patterns” need you to load up your own drums for audio.
By Kellysk8er Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:38 am
Thank you so much! I kept reading through that user guide and could not solve the issue following user guide on my own, it just wasn't clicking in my head for some reason. Now that you said it that way and I read through it again I understand that the reason I couldn't hear anything was because the midi pattern was only loaded to the clip and I hadn't loaded up a kit to be assigned to the midi mapping. ...I once was blind but now I see, thanks to you.
By Lampdog Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:52 pm
:-D

Yep, midi is is performance data. It’s not audio.
You would have to load in audio/wavs/samples to those midi events/notes.