Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Kellysk8er Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:19 am
When I record to the arranger for some reason it won't record some hit hat overdubs I did in a drum clip. When I click record to arranger and then launch the scene I can hear the overdubbed hi hats as it's recording but when I go into the arranger and play back what I recorded to the arranger the hi hats are not recorded. Why is this, and can it be fixed without re-recording the hi hat part?
By 64hz Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:22 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Maybe it records them but quantizes all notes in the roll to the same spot?

Would upping the ppq help in that case?
By B-Wise Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:47 am
64hz wrote:
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Maybe it records them but quantizes all notes in the roll to the same spot?

Would upping the ppq help in that case?

I doubt it & it doesn't even really up the PPQ it just displays as if it were, so if your coming from a seq that had a higher PPQ it will make more sense on the Force seq. At least that's that way I understand that feature from reading the manual.
By HouseWithoutMouse Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:54 am
TimeCorrection is a quantizer. If you've set it to quantize to 16th notes, and you play in stuff faster than that, for example a trap hihat roll, the TimeCorrection still does what it's told and quantizes the roll to 16th notes. It doesn't know the genre. Maybe in a future AI version it will detect the genre and figure out that the burst of notes is meant to represent one single note-with-roll entity. But for now the roll looks like a bunch of independent notes to the TimeCorrection i.e. quantizer.