Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By FOXTROT Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:25 pm
So have a few questions if anyone could PLEASE HELP!

Equipment
Tascam Model 24, Elektron Analog Rytm, xoxbox, Re303

1st issue
Getting ALOT of snaps, pops and cracks when using external USB to Tascam Model 24 audio interface.... seen this is a common issue....Has anyone managed a work around or how to fix???

Even getting them when there is no playback active and project sitting idle....

Have done the usual and changed every cable connection as process of elimination (no luck)

2nd issue
Force is MIDI Slaved by Elektron Rytm but when i hit REC, i get an error message stating .... "Recording stopped due to tempo change" ... this pops up immediately after hitting REC and there is definitely no tempo change programmed.

So I'm guessing Force has to be Master to multitrack record over usb? As the message pops up everytime...

Has anyone ever come across this? and was there a work around with Force being MIDI SLAVE ??

3rd issue
Now needing to have Force as MIDI Master to Elektron Analog Rytm having drifting sync issues..... cannot seem to keep them locked for long enough to record.

PLEASE HELP OR ADVISE IF YOU CAN
ANY HELO IS MUCH APPRECIATED ❤️
By HouseWithoutMouse Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:15 pm
The Force cannot record audio in slave mode and there's no way around it.

If MIDI Clock sync is drifting, you could try a different sync type like MTC. Or you could send an audio clock pulse if the slave can sync to an analog sync signal. Like old times when you used one track of a multitrack tape for sync pulse.
By Koekepan Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:26 pm
Audio: the basic limitation is that USB isn't a realtime, CBR communications system. You're looking at transmitting a fair amount of data to try to keep a set of buffers full enough, so the best that you can do is give the straightest, least encumbered possible USB run. USB3 port straight to Tascam may work.
By stonecoldgroove Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:27 am
If you’re getting pops, crackles, and snats at rest you either need a better USB Cable or more likely to upgrade your OS to the version that doesn’t do that.

It was firmware 2.6 or something that broke almost all of the audio interfaces and left the previously working Tascam’s as unusable.

I’m not familiar with anything else other than those two things that would/were causing that issue.
By Jean-Marc Liotier Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:08 am
stonecoldgroove wrote:If you’re getting pops, crackles ...
This week-end I tried recording a couple of webcams and output from the MX-1 over USB2 to OBS, and I was getting frequent crackles in the audio. The USB2 bus was saturated by the webcams, so getting them on their own USB2 port solved the problem. Plugging them all into a USB3 hub connected to the PC's USB3 port would have worked too. A loaded tree of devices across hubs ending up on a single USB2 port is the recipe for saturation.