Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By K. Rah Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:55 am
Hey hey, 2 questions, thank you.

On the mpcx, listening back to my sequence, if I don’t like any of the events of a particular pad, I can stop the pattern and hit ERASE, then the pad and do it.

On the force, it clears the pad. Is there a similar quick function to delete a pad’s performance this way?

My other question: in the MPCX, in any sample edit window, I can select the sample by highlighting the name and turning the data wheel. Force does this too but it’s very slow to change and I have to wait for it to catch up. I loaded the same project to both machines and the force was still way slower. Do any other force users notice this?
By B-Wise Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:11 pm
K. Rah wrote:Hey hey, 2 questions, thank you.

On the mpcx, listening back to my sequence, if I don’t like any of the events of a particular pad, I can stop the pattern and hit ERASE, then the pad and do it.

On the force, it clears the pad. Is there a similar quick function to delete a pad’s performance this way?

My other question: in the MPCX, in any sample edit window, I can select the sample by highlighting the name and turning the data wheel. Force does this too but it’s very slow to change and I have to wait for it to catch up. I loaded the same project to both machines and the force was still way slower. Do any other force users notice this?

There's no Erase button. If you just recorded it you can press Undo. If your in the Grid editor you can press the pad then hold Shift & press delete/cut or whatever. I know there's another way but I can't think of it right now.

Yeah sample selection is slow in that menu. It's best to double tap the sample area & select samples from the pop up menu. I wish we could select multiple pads at once & change the samples like on the 1k/2500 with JJOS. Maybe disk-streaming makes it slower on the Force :hmmm:
By K. Rah Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:43 pm
I didn’t think to double tap instead to select sample. Guess it makes sense to live in grid mode when recording for deleting performances. Thanks for the tips!
By B-Wise Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:53 pm
K. Rah wrote:I didn’t think to double tap instead to select sample. Guess it makes sense to live in grid mode when recording for deleting performances. Thanks for the tips!

Np. Also, if you're in the clip-matrix you can just delete the clip you don't want & do it again until you get it right.