Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

Bydcutz Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:57 pm
i read at a different site that u could hook up the mpc to a pc so you could use your computers sequencer instead of the mpc's to lay out note patterns.  

does anyone know how this works? any info would b cool. :cool:

By Justice Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:18 pm
just connect u'r MPC via a midi interface and u should be able to select it in the midi channel of whatever sequencer(VST, Logic, Sonar) u'r using and make sure that the midi channel on u'r MPC coresponds to the selected midi ch: number on the PC sequencer. It's pretty basic stuff and should be easy.

Peace[/color]

Bydcutz Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:47 pm
how have u got ur mpc hooked up, and wot other gear r u using?

By Justice Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:42 pm
My MPC is connected to the PC via a USB MIDI Interface(midisport 4x4) I have other devices such as a Roland XP30 keyboard, Roland VP9000 and a EMU ESI4000 hooked to the midi ports(it has 4 inputs and 4 outputs)[/color]

By Leg Donor Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:13 am
Justice wrote:My MPC is connected to the PC via a USB MIDI Interface(midisport 4x4) I have other devices such as a Roland XP30 keyboard, Roland VP9000 and a EMU ESI4000 hooked to the midi ports(it has 4 inputs and 4 outputs)

I AM A VERY VERY VERY NEWBIE WHEN IT COMES TO USING MPC, YOU HOOK IT IN THE USB, WITH THE USB MIDI INTERFACE, IS THAT LIKE AN ADAPTER?  AND THEN THE COMPUTER APP, LETS YOU SWITCH TO USING THE MPC AS THE SEQUENC[/color]

By The Nodes Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:37 pm
So If I wanted to hook up my MPC Midi to Sonar.  Do I midi out of MPC to Midi In to my Laya Midi Interface?  Or the other way.  Plus after that do I have to do any configurations on the MPC and Sonar it self?   Thank you for your help in Advance...

Maha Beatz
www.generasianradio.com[/color]