Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

By 247beatz Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:50 am
I need some help, i have the mpc2k. Um, if any of you have heard Track 5 on the dr. dre 2001 cd, after the song goes through about 25 seconds, it starts like an echo/fade thing. Can anyone explain to me how to do this effect???[/color]

By cybernaga595 Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:06 am
yo fam u should check out the tutorial section on this website...its really good.  Peace man

By turn Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:39 am
i dont really listen to dre but...16 levels button?[/color]

By EdwardSakamura Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:14 pm
he is doubling up the hits so that some of them  hit off beat slightly, then he is using reverb so that the reverb moves at the tempo of the track, this gives it an on and off feel. I think this is it, I'l go home tonite and try to replicate it.[/color]

By cybernaga595 Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:41 am
Yo when u figure out how to do this let us know please :D .  thanx!![/color]

By 247beatz Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:57 am
my fault for not gettin back sooner. New years was off the hook. imma get back to you when i figure this stuff out. If anyone has the instruments that he used for that, would you be able to send them to me, or tell me where to get them.
thanks yo.

peace[/color]

By KoolSha78 Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:43 pm
Check out Premiers use of delay on his scratches and samples on the first Group Home album. Perfection.[/color]