Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Kennedy Ribeiro Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:23 am
modular wrote:It's been a few days since I've registered here, and I've already learned a load of stuff about the MPC, and I didn't even ordered it yet :D

One thing I've noticed, almost everyone here uses the MPC to produce hip-hop, rap and stuff like that. Others use the MPC only yo make beats, or as a combo to a software-bases setup. And some users here use it to make some techno stuff.

My question is... is there anyone here using the MPC for something else other than this? If yes, shout out and share your stuff (music) with us. I've already searched Youtube for people using the MPC for something else besides hip-hop and I've found nothing.

I'm really curious about this, since I want to buy a MPC and I wont be making anything like hop-hop/rap/techno and stuff like that.....

Shouts out people! Cheers!

Modular,

You can make several styles of music with the MPC. What you need is to master the MPC features which are most used in the kind of music you want to make. After you practiced and mastered you can go ahead.
Before, I had the idea that the MPC was just for hip hop production, like I thought FL Studio was just for techno. Now, i can say from my own experience, that every music producing tool, Hardware or Software can be used for producing any kind of music as long as you adapt and master your device to do so. You must tell your tool what job it has to do.

I have an MPC5000 but I still use Reason, FL Studio, Ableton, Nuendo, and I can make the same kinds of music using each one of them. :wink:
By shimmyshimmy Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:04 am
I've seen a buddy who played on MPC2KXL(?) in a band. He was doing guitar and it was dope, it was something like rock etc. I've seen also a buddy who used MPC1000 and he was making music for films. That depends what you want to do and how.
By terry towelling Mon May 08, 2023 2:59 am
the mpc and sp have been standards in house music.

the greatest user of the sp is Tod Terry. he beats any hop hop producers.

as for the mpc, some famous house producers...ron trent, moodymann, theo pariah, kenny dope.