Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By mr_debauch Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:10 pm
jalonzo wrote:I know that the mpc2000 does not have pitch shifting. Is there a cheap or free fix that will modify your samples? Any help would be great, thanks!

the closest thing there is to that is assigning the note variation slider to "tune"... anyways, give it a shot. shift+note variation (2000xl)
By JaeOne3345 Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:01 pm
Chop the sample into 8th's or maybe even 16th's manually, and then program the sample loop back over however many bars the sample is. Then go into program and adjust the pitch of each/all chops.

Old school time/pitch stretch, LOL.

Wisdom's advice is on point if you have the option to stretch.
By peterpiper Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:30 pm
Ok I think its time to clear things up here we have a term here that lead to missunderstanding.
I'm talking bout the word : pitch shift

Some people talk about pitch shift and mean the control over the pitch without changing the tempo
Some people say thats not right and call this action just pitching.

Shame on me. I dont know whats really true. I'm one of those who call the pitching without changing the tempo "pitchshift" which means the (so to say) opposite effect of timestrech.

So now we need to know what the OP is talking about. If he is talking about a simple change of pitch (including a change of the speed of sample) then yes, this is very easy to do with the 2000.
If he is talking bout changing the pitch without changing the speed then I would say its very much work and depends on the samplematerial.

@Fung: If you doubt the timestrech on the 2000. There is a trick I just realized. It uses the "velocity to startpoint" function disscussed in another thread (bout chopping). So if you just have a vocal sample for example and set the "velocity to start" parameter correct (the sampletime is spread over the whole 128 values) you can program a timestreched sample in "step edit" mode. Set the timing to "OFF" and on every 2nd or 4th step play the sample.
Now manually change the velocity of every step you played the sample. start with 127 at 01.01.00 next step 01.01.02 will be 126,
01.01.04 will be 125 and so on. Well I just thought about to do a backward strech so start with 0 at 01.01.00 and so on.

Ok, thats a whole lot of work and as I tried this with a sample I get my first error page on the MPC. Something like DIV ERR blabla. But for a moment it worked well :D

peace
By ekco314 Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:08 am
I have an important question on this subject, can't you take a sample pitch shift it on a daw let's say fruity loops save it as a sound and then throw it on your desktop on your pc and then throw it into mpc2000xl via cf card?