Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Lampdog Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:21 am
Wow, again, lmbao.

I named the thread exactly the same as my ASR thread for ASRonians, lol.
I'm glad you guys would come to help a brotha out, I'll drink a 40oz in
you guys' honor tonight, seriously, I'll do it, u don't even have to dare me.
By Lampdog Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:51 am
poor thread. needs an iv and a red bull.
By boxcutter butta Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:51 am
im thinking about picking up a triton to compliment my asr lamp can you vouch for it and tell me the sounds arent "stale and tinny" like i read on the guitarcenter reviews?
By Lampdog Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:13 pm
Effects turned off, Motif has the better natural instruments sounds.
Rolands interface was a little confusing to me, sounds are on par with Triton imo.
Triton has the easier interface of the three imo. Combi mode is BOSS.
and usage of usb thumb drives just like a hdd is a big plus also. Same ram as a 2k/2kxl
(96mb max) 72pin fast page edo non-parity ram.
By Clint Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:12 pm
Im in this, just copped a Korg Triton Extreme.

If anyone has or knows where I can DL a Logic environment for this thing...

PLEASE PM ME.

I've been searching.....
By elevated Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:25 pm
I would be interested in that too.

Clint have you tried the USB midi in/out on the Extreme? Works great, very low latency. It was one of the pieces of gear to have do USB like that.
By Clint Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:24 pm
I've done nothing but audition drumkits and basses/ leads/ arps so far.

First I really need to find somewhere to put the thing, 76 keys takes up some room!

Im set up for 61 keys in my workspace, and space is already tight, I would have preferred the 61 key Extreme.

Apparently my sequence button has stopped working but is repairable, therefore unable to access the internal sequencer.

Or is there another way to access the internal sequencer directly or remotely?

Oh and no hard copy manual, how I despise PDF's - I will be contacting Korg UK for that!

If I get hold of the Extreme logic environment, I will of course share with anyone else that needs it.
:wink:
By elevated Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:17 pm
Yeah that badboy is big-- even the 61 key Extreme weights a ton.

The dead sequencer button is pretty rough dude. I assume you will sequence in the MPC. Typically you wanna have the triton in sequencer mode when sequencing externally, to be able to access all 16 sounds at once. There are workarounds, but Sequencer is the only way to have the full 16 multi-timbral happening.
By Clint Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:22 pm
elevated wrote:The dead sequencer button is pretty rough dude. I assume you will sequence in the MPC.

Correct, but it would have been nice to use the internal Triton sequencer to put ideas down quickly without having to use any other gear or a computer. I'll get it repaired in due course...

I've sent a nice letter to Korg UK requesting a copy of the manual, I'd be surprised if they send me one but its worth a try!
By elevated Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:44 pm
Not sure if you know this trick-- They sell this tact switch lubricant in aerosol cans. Try shooting some of that in there and pressing the button a lot, before sending it in for repair,,
By Clint Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:15 pm
elevated wrote:Not sure if you know this trick-- They sell this tact switch lubricant in aerosol cans. Try shooting some of that in there and pressing the button a lot, before sending it in for repair,,

Ok so I found out how to access sequencer mode without using the SEQ button, the repair can now wait as it doesn't restrict my use of the board.

Press ENTER + REC/ WRITE (together) from PROG or COMBI MODE.

How can you confirm the Triton EX is receiving midi, I haven't found any reference to this in the manual (s) so far!
By elevated Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:02 pm
Ahh man,,, I can't believe I didn't think of that trick for you. And you get to copy over the fx from the sound you were playing.

So wait you want a visual way to see it's receiving MIDI? I can only think of one--

Go to Global, Page 1: MIDI, and set Midi Clock to external MIDI. Make sure your external sequencer is set to send midi clock, and press play on the external sequencer. The tempo light on the triton will then go from off, to blinking at the external tempo.

Btw, I've been getting some RIdiculous sounds out of this board recently, by the way. It takes effort (and the MOSS card helps), but the output of these things is striking and distinctive.
By Clint Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:36 pm
Thanks for that elevated, I didnt want to synchronise the Triton just receive midi notes from an external source be it another keyboard or an MPC.

Im in sequence/ song mode where I have 16 channels laid out set to receive on channels 1-16. Sent a groove over Midi from the MPC and confirmed that it is being sent via the MPC's midi monitor.

No joy at the receiving end, the Triton...

Probably a setting I've overlooked, not used a Korg machine before.

Not to mention that the manual is actually three manuals, poorly organised, not so easy to quickly find key information.

Hopefully someone will bless this thread with a basic "How to use the Triton as a sound module with your MPC" type post, for future reference.