Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By crossings Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:12 am
i probably should mention that the torrent is complete once it reaches 99.9%... a text file was deleted and it causes that to happen to the torrent file, but the ISO file is in fact complete with the torrent file stuck at 99.9%... :-D
By Prah_860_ Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:11 pm
Lampdog wrote:Image

Alright, Alright, Alright!!!!!
By Lampdog Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:30 pm
:arrow: Image

Good stuff in here. I change up pcg's alot so I never get bored.
Combine that with my own Bank E stuff and I'm good.

For those that don't know, a single PCG can hold 128 programs.

Example, 1 full keyboard piano is 1 program.
By Lampdog Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Does anyone have a Kronos X?

Full workstation/synth/samplers have always been my thing first and foremost.
Others are second.

By Mike Boogie Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:15 pm
Didn't JAHrome run out and grab a Kronos the week they came out. He may be able to give you some insight...

On second thought... :roll:
By Lampdog Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:45 pm
Aaaaaaannnnndddd here we are, almost a decade later, I’ve had Kronos 2 for. Long while now and LOVE it! I forgot who it was but someone here literally told me “get a Kronos and don’t look back”. That stuck in my head for a LONG while, I bought it used on Reverb. The og owner had it for 2 weeks and didn’t like it, sent it back while still in pristine & new condition, I scooped it up quick. Sold my Triton Extreme that same week and “haven’t looked back”. The guy that bought my Triton after. Few months bought a Kronos2 also. Not sure how many other Kronos users are here or if I should start a….

“KORG Kronos HELP, FOR KORGONIANS”

thread. I remember loving my ASR-10 + MPC 2KXL combo and then moving to Triton+MPC 4k and now Kronos2 + MPC X (a dash of moog subsequent-37 thrown in as well). It’s a healthy! HARD HITTING combo imo.

By hisshiss Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:50 pm
Hi.

I have this one thing about triton that confuses me. I'm a long time mpc user. I got the korg triton classic about year ago and have been sequencing it with mpc. Now I tried to use triton alone like i use mpc. Sampled a drumbreak and another sample in, chopped them and made a multisample program and got it in the sequencer.

So when I want to record unquantized I select "hi" from resolution options. That supposed to be the quantize off option. But recording like that does not sound nothing like when recording unquantized in mpc's sequencer. Sounds like there is still some kind of small timing correction going on, it just doesn't sound like unquantized recording should sound like in my experience.

Non of the sequencers I have used (mpc 1000/2000/2500, roland sp 404sx/505/606) sounded like that with me playing quantize off.

I know korg triton have higher resolution sequencer than those mpc's or sp's and that makes this problem more weird. My triton had some old version OS but i updated it to the latest one, but the problem stayed the same.

I tried to google this thing but found nothing.

I don't understand it and I'm sure i'm not imagining this. Mpc has always played unquantized parts just the way i played them with the pads. Anyone else noticed similar behavior with triton's sequencer?