Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By elevated Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:46 pm
ghosty wrote: famous G-unit style "lock" clap.

???
By ghosty Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:24 am
elevated wrote:

???

Sorry , Within our coveted circle of WORKING producers and engineers... If you cant spot trademark sounds within the industry.. then you might want to spend some time doing something else.
By crothers Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:30 am
^ G-Unit is still working? learn something new every day
By elevated Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:56 pm
ghosty wrote:
elevated wrote:

???

Sorry , Within our coveted circle of WORKING producers and engineers... If you cant spot trademark sounds within the industry.. then you might want to spend some time doing something else.

Let's check out some beats homie,,,, I'm not trying to call u out,, but,,,,,

,,,fukk it I'm calling u out! :lol:
By dmarz45 Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 am
Instead of taking a sampled hi hat and trying to make it sound live, why dont you just go out and buy yourself a nice pair of hi hats and a mic and play your hi hats live on your tracks.. Nottz is known for doing that and his hats sound CRISPYYYYY!!!
By ghosty Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:12 pm
Let's check out some beats homie,,,, I'm not trying to call u out,, but,,,,,

,,,**** it I'm calling u out! :lol:[/quote]

Ok. Pm me email. I will link you. Im not posting my music on here. I work for mine. You gotta link me to your.. fair and all. Im not trippin.. bet you vouch me after this nugga.. why the fuk you niggs hate.. all i see on here. You post a beat nugga.
By elevated Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:59 pm
ghosty wrote:Let's check out some beats homie,,,, I'm not trying to call u out,, but,,,,,

,,,**** it I'm calling u out! :lol:

Ok. Pm me email. I will link you. Im not posting my music on here. I work for mine. You gotta link me to your.. fair and all. Im not trippin.. bet you vouch me after this nugga.. why the fuk you niggs hate.. all i see on here. You post a beat nugga.[/quote]

PM sent,,
By crothers Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:06 am
don't be shy ghosty
it's not like we've never heard geriatrics-unit in our younger days
and stop embarrassing yourself with this "nugga" talk
By ghosty Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:43 am
Aight, N!GGA... im making a beat tag. I will post a sound cloud link. The beats are NOT free to sample,use,re-create, download,copy with any external plugin or audio recording. Without a licensing contract from myself(composer,Publisher).
Beat tagging my music. Then i will post 10 or so.
Last edited by ghosty on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ghosty Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:16 am
crothers wrote:^ G-Unit is still working? learn something new every day

Mabie if you actually made music and were not a forum troll you would have. This thread shows how many non-industry informed people there are in this for um. I mean really. You Sample Bill withers because of his sound.. arethia franklins horns.. but dont know how to sample snares,kicks,hats, etc etc.. so you flame people and run your damn yap like you know whay your talking about. Get off my fuking nuts. Ever hear game spot game.. I dont spot you.. your a lame. Here.. read this being as you know it all.

http://www.emimusic.com/news/2010/g-unit-records-and-emi-label-services-ink-distribution-and-marketing-deal/
By crothers Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:32 am
loooool
an article about how awesome gunit is for working with EMI written by....emi?
on page 2, kanye west is the best rapper of all time, by kanye west.

f*ck an industry. it's 2011. you do it for yourself, or you do it for some CEO. choose.
By ghosty Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:58 am
Bruh.. shut the fuk up. Your wack. Your a buster. Simple simon carbon copy.. i'll put you in a little luis suitcase. You tried to front and you got no back. I treat every beat like a dad that just met his son. Stop frontin n!gga. Kanye is raw.. gunit is still working. Now quit hatin. Get ur money up. I aint gotta prove shit to you. You listen to my music and dont even know it ****. GEt ON MY LEVEL
By AntonPD Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:33 am
ghosty wrote:Bruh.. shut the fuk up. Your wack. Your a buster. Simple simon carbon copy.. i'll put you in a little luis suitcase. You tried to front and you got no back. I treat every beat like a dad that just met his son. Stop frontin n!gga. Kanye is raw.. gunit is still working. Now quit hatin. Get ur money up. I aint gotta prove shit to you. You listen to my music and dont even know it ****. GEt ON MY LEVEL

nah YOU shut up
youre **** up a good thread with that g-unit bs (your hi hat tip was pretty good tho)
By dmarz45 Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:43 pm
So is anybody gonna post their beats? I wanna hear some!!!
By OldSchool969 Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:41 am
cyrus wrote:well, the technique i almost always use isnt neccesarily "live" like completely sounding real or whatever. but it adds bounce.

its real simple. you can definately do more, but this is the easiest way to add bounce with your hihats with very very little work. here it goes:

alternate hihat velocities on a 1/16th hihat pattern. i.e. X x X x X etc.

here is how i do it:
i will use note repeat to create 1/16th pattern on track A. then i copy that to track B. then i go to grid edit on track A and delete all the even hits. then i go into track B and delete all the odd hits. now if you play both tracks together it sounds like a regular 1/16th note repeat pattern. now lower the velocity of the entire track B so track B velocity is like half of track A i.e. track A-110% & track B-30% (usually i mess with the exact values until it sounds nice). so there is a relationship between track A and B of LOUD and QUIET

the idea is to get a LOUD QUIET LOUD QUIET pattern going to give the track bounce. louder hits on the downbeat. accenting the beat like that gives it a push pull bounce feeling, even on the most simple pattern

ya know! sorry for **** explanation, probably easier to show in video.

Once you get that down, you can instead of using note repeat, freestyle it using velocity in 16 levels. alternating the velocities gives push pull feeling. you dont just have to have exact values, you can add more variation, or you can even use differant hihat tones. etc.

now i dont even use note repeat. i just tap out without quantize so that i can make it groove how i like, then i add to it by doing the copy thing and deleteing alternating hits and adjust the velocity of each track. sometimes ill just put on 16 levels velocity and just do the alternating all in one track

you can accomplish similar results by using shakers too. lay down straight 1/16th hihat pattern with normal hihat. then go in with a shaker but dont do same pattern, do it 1/8th on all the downbeats. experiment!

Really great advice. Don't forget also that the dynamics of bass can really alter your perception of the highs, and thus "tricking" your mind into thinking that the sound is different. It's one of the first things I picked up on when I started (not even a year ago). For instance if you have your hats on the 1/16 and a simple bass drum on 1/8ths, every kick can give the illusion of bringing the hats down just a notch, making it sound more like a live set. Add a bassline and you get an even greater effect.

So think about how the sounds play with each other before you give up on trying to perfect the hats in a track.