Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Coz Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:02 pm
Thy_Cow_punchers wrote:whats the point in choosing a daw and learning it for say 3 years so it become's 2nd nature then ditching it to get a shiny new one.

Very good point. They all essentially do the same shit so you might as well stick to what you know.
By golfdogz Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:33 am
the features that bitwig has over live, like layered editing and being able to put session / arrangement view side by side do seem pretty cool and definitely useful. and are very much things i have been wanting for a long time.

but they are most likely all features that will turn up in Live once bitwig is released..so at least a bit of healthy competition should finally bring about some bigger awesome changes to live.

ill personally be judging it on its midi stability.. running live as a slave to hardware can be touchy.. whichever one is more solid in terms of integration with midi hardware will be receiving my $.. im sure there's probably a minimal learning curve required for a changeover from ableton to bitwig - so its not like all that time on ableton has been wasted.
By JUKE 179r Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:12 am
I got an email from Bitwig today…

"Greetings from the Bitwig Headquarters! We hope you've had a sensational 2013 and would like to take the opportunity to wish you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!

We're currently approaching the last beta phase stages for our upcoming Bitwig Studio and want to send out a big thank you to all who helped with beta testing, sent in wishes and suggestions, or otherwise helped to improve and shape what we're working on.

It has been amazing to see so many people from all parts of the world and so many different walks of life contributing to bringing a new music-creation tool to life. We couldn’t be more thankful for the sheer amount of anticipation and interest we have experienced in the past 12 months! That said, our thanks also go out to those who have silently kept their fingers crossed for us while eagerly awaiting the Bitwig Studio 1.0 release.

If you have been following our project for some time now, you might already know that we originally planned to ship Bitwig Studio before the end of this year. Alas, we won't make it and would like to apologize for having to shift this time frame now to the beginning of 2014.

However, the wait is nearly over: We will kick it up a notch again after the holidays and are looking forward to attending NAMM in January, where we will announce the upcoming release date and pricing information for Bitwig Studio 1.0!

We hope you'll enjoy the upcoming holidays and wish you a happy, prosperous, and creative 2014!

Your Bitwig Team"

:popcorn:

2014 NAMM??? I think people have lost interest in it by now.
By konc3pt Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:41 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:2014 NAMM??? I think people have lost interest in it by now.

blame jahrome for this :lol:
By JUKE 179r Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:48 pm
BitWig... pfft. :P

I've been drinking, Ive been drinking,
I get flthy when that liquor get into me....
glug, glug, glug...