Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Shawn Roos Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:25 pm
So i tried out this Chainer program and i think it opens up great doors for using the MPC live and getting a full rack sound out of a laptop only prob is that i use a mac laptop. Is there any equivalent to the Chainer but for Mac?

By Shawn Roos Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:27 pm
By the way i'm on a tight ish budget.

By Shawn Roos Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:39 am
Good grief. it's frikkin increddible! Thanks man

By ddot_SFV Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:36 am
Glad I could help.

What's the music scene like in Cape Town?

By Shawn Roos Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:32 am
Cape Town is quite geographically removed from the rest of South Africa so it has it's own scene and vibe. Drum & Bass is quite big here as well as electronica and electro hip hop.

It's quite small, in terms of size and the amount of cosmopolitan people - we're third world baby - Johannesburg has been the centre of hip hop, but its starting to grow quite a bit in Cap Town lately.

Check out African Dope's website: www.africandope.co.za
Check out Felix Laband (interesting electro)
Check out Mood Phase 5 (Organic Hip hop with some electronic influence)

They're probably the most prominent underground label in Cape Town
[/url]

Re:

By cyber7 Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:50 pm
Shawn Roos wrote:Cape Town is quite geographically removed from the rest of South Africa so it has it's own scene and vibe. Drum & Bass is quite big here as well as electronica and electro hip hop.

It's quite small, in terms of size and the amount of cosmopolitan people - we're third world baby - Johannesburg has been the centre of hip hop, but its starting to grow quite a bit in Cap Town lately.

Check out African Dope's website: http://www.africandope.co.za
Check out Felix Laband (interesting electro)
Check out Mood Phase 5 (Organic Hip hop with some electronic influence)

They're probably the most prominent underground label in Cape Town
[/url]

i know this is very late, but Roach seems to have left African dope (I built their first NW in the studio in Cape Town) to it's own demise. Fletch is a Guru in ?india? I think. Felix laBand was last active in 2016 and WOW, I have not thought of "Mood Phase 5" in years...