Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Ian Canefire Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:57 pm
Happy new year,
does anyone know if the behringer control surfaces work well with mpc's? I read a review on sonic state and someone stated that they used the bcr2000 and the other type with the fad er s with an mpc.
My confusion had to do with the fact that the bcr (I thought) was intendex for daw thru usb midi. I know it has midi in out so I guess I need explanatikn or confirmation that I could assign the rotary cintrollers to other functions.
I have a mpc4000 but anyone incorporating this in your setup please share your knowledge. I do not use a computer daw. So no need to chime in on that aspect.
Thanks,
Ian
By Metatron72 Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:01 pm
I have a BCF2000 and yeah in theory you could do everything you're thinking of. They have MIDI IN/OUT/THRU and run off AC power standalone. The units have an editor software app if I remember. There's I think at least 16 preset slots and you can edit the assignments from the unit using the limited LCD screens.

I'm almost positive they handle all SysEx messages, so either unit should work well with a 4000 if you took the time to have everything mapped.
By Ian Canefire Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm
@ tapedeck...I just looked at the midi implementation chart and yes the MPC 4000 and z samplers do.

@ Metatron thanks for the feedback...after doing some research I see that it will work.

Now I just have to get one and see how far I can go. After watching this video below with the BCR2000 and the Juno 1 I see that I should have no problem tweaking various setting like envelopes, cutoff, resonance, effects parameters.. There was also a video I saw once with a guy using a touch screen and sysex to affect variaous parameters...the bcr is practically going to be able to do the same thing.

Cheers,
Ian
By damien907 Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 pm
i guess those bcr's are real dope, my friend had 3 of them.
By m:t:c Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:44 pm
Loving the BCR2000. It's super easy and quick to program straight from the controller once you get the hang of it. Reading the manual is compulsory. Heard that the software is really poor, but haven't tried it myself so can't comment on that.

It's an excellent controller for MPC.
By Ian Canefire Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:03 pm
I added two items to that list on the gear site... the BSY600 bass synth pedal and the behringer headphone amp.
back on topic...I just missed out on an ebay auction for a BCR2000 for $70. I am sure I will find another soon.
Peace
Ian
By mrrafs Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:39 am
Anyone know if the MPC live provides feedback to mind controllers?
i.e. the bcr2000 has endless encoders with led lights showing the current level on the host device (so mpc would need to send this to the midi controller)