Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By detriment Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:28 am
finds themselves in a dark room everyday at 4.oo in the morning staring at the mpc. eyes becoming rectangular and ears numb to the sound of a loop that keeps clicking, which will probably sound shite (haha u cant censor me) to you once its sorted out.

its making me into some kinda vampire.
the breaks are the blood
and casio keyboards are the steaks pointed at my heart.

By war54 Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:24 am
1:20 in the a.m. over here.......been working on stuff since like 3:00 p.m yesterday...i hope that made sence....sooooo sleeeepy....

By MUNKY_RBC Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:36 pm
ya man for real that's how its dunn!

By RonDu Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:53 pm
Why do I find myself forgetting to eat once I'm on the MP? Like for the whole day

By bayareabeatsta Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:55 pm
time flies, i start at like 10pm and next time i look up its 3am

By ieism Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:22 am
4:30 in the mornin here, and i know it will take at least another hour before i can get that sample out of my head and go to sleep.

By tude Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:01 pm
hehe, that's excatly how it's done. Usually when I go to sleep and listen to what I've done next day, I find out that it's bullshit...;) but that's just me.
Not always though. I don't know what it is with the mpc, but time sure flies when programming & sampling.

By Arkitecht Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:05 am
Ha ha!.. RonDu... You are on the MPC Diet! Before You know it, you will lose 25 pounds in one week. Tip: Keep Munchies and Pepsi close at all times. By the way....its 1:05 am, and i just took a break since 9pm. Peace. -= R O M A N =-

By FromthePantoL.A. Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:37 pm
Cool. I aint the only one in love with the MPC or addicted to it. I got the MPC around September , brought it home , turn it on at 6pm and never turned it off until 8 the next day. Of course I was already late for work and I realized that work....sucks. So I got back on the MPC and unofficially quit my job , which was a pretty nice job , as far as jobs go. I stayed on the MPC damn near everyday for the next two months.

By eightsixteen Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:46 pm
The MPC is the best toy since the Micronauts (showing my age).

Okay, Lego comes close too.

By brainwashcloth Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:10 pm
what were micronauts? i remember them, but not specifically. i used to really love capsela if anyone remembers those. m.a.s.k. was the shit too.

By itchyvinyl Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:42 pm
I remember the Micronauts. They were futuristic little action figures partially made of metal. Their styling was in line with other japanese super-hero figures of the time.
Damn, I'm old.

On the topic.......I work on the MPC late night usually, and I always find myself nodding off and falling asleep while being hypnotized by a drum loop.....and damn that screen starts to hurt your eyes when you're working in the dark. I wish you could turn the brightness down. (I have to work in the dark w/ headphones so I don't keep my girlfriend up.)

By brainwashcloth Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:50 pm
you can turn your room lights up. or the lcd contrast down. or you could always tint the lcd screen.

By brainwashcloth Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:55 pm
since we are all going oldschool and back to like 1980 who remebers the tv show that was on saturday mornings that had i'll be watching you as the theme song, and was about a group of teens stuck in some alternate deminision video game kinda thing? i havent been able to remember the name of that for years.
By dj_evs Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:56 pm
itchyvinyl wrote:I remember the Micronauts. They were futuristic little action figures partially made of metal. Their styling was in line with other japanese super-hero figures of the time.
Damn, I'm old.

On the topic.......I work on the MPC late night usually, and I always find myself nodding off and falling asleep while being hypnotized by a drum loop.....and damn that screen starts to hurt your eyes when you're working in the dark. I wish you could turn the brightness down. (I have to work in the dark w/ headphones so I don't keep my girlfriend up.)

****You can turn the brightness down
Shift + Other (8 on the numeric pad) then hold down Shift and turn the job wheel counter clockwise I believe to dim it......well actually now that I think of it, it just dims the black, not the bright white background........Crap!