Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By BULLYDABULLY Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:42 pm
I can’t say I ever cared about drums before I made beats, just like most consumers, no sins in being a purest but I’d also say Roc Marci making linguini raps over no drums is better than a Michelin star chef on call :fku:
By Lampdog Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:26 am
ringmaker wrote:didn’t get the sarcasm and you agree? :lol:

This. :WTF: :Sigh:
At the particular point in time, nope I didn’t, I flowers that up.
By saltmcgault Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:55 am
MrDismal wrote:Apollo Brown did a whole album with Planet Asia drumless, and it was dope as hell.

:smoker:
By Ajax Tue May 04, 2021 11:27 pm
My ultimate opinion is, if it sounds good it sounds good. I don't think there's much of a creative difference between, say, the CREAM loop and a Roc Marciano loop... other than that the CREAM loop already had drums that RzA couldnt filter out, so he had no choice but to add some drums on top of it..... and Roc's loops don't (or he was able to filter them out)..

That said, in terms of my personal taste, I cant name a single drumless track that I really enjoyed. It just doesn't hit hard enough for me. I need the boom bap behind the melody to really get into it.

But, I'm not gonna knock someone for making a certain kind of music... especially if a lot of people like it. Good for them. its just not for me.