Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:32 am
If you've download anything from the Beat Camping in the last couple of days. Make sure you check it out . Do not install anything or open any pictures or documents with links. My online computer was compromised and the beat camping folder was on there. The folder is no longer public!

I know there are people who've download the entire folder in the past. If they would like to upload it and share it please do. That's what it was for!! Also anyone who was a contributor to the Beat Camping. If you receive any emails with the beat camping name or Charles Randolph or CR. THAT IS NOT ME! I will not email you. Do not open it, delete it, and report it right away.

As I said, I don't know if the folder was compromise, but I would not risk it.

I hope everyone is doing well and continue to make music.

PEACE & 16 PAD

CHARLES RANDOLPH
By CharlesRandolph Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:02 pm
NearTao wrote:Thanks for the information Charles... sucks getting compromised and hope you get your computer cleaned out.

I have to let other know, especially those who were email invited contributors. The computer was used only for online purpose and separate from my main network. No personal information, financial, photos, documents was stored on that computer. I do know it was through email and they had remote access.

The computer has been wiped, email client has been nuked, all dormant accounts deleted, other accounts password reset and people have been contacted. If this was some kind of beef over the forums post. I hold no grudges or animosity towards ANYONE. Reading back I can see how it could be taken the wrong way, so I took some lessons to help smooth out the tonal edges in my post.

This was 100% user error for sure and I must've clicked on something in one of these emails. First time this has happened to me, so I called some friends who work in the I.T industry and they walked me through the process. (They determined it was remote access.) From what they tell me, it's happening more and more because people work from home and their systems are compromised.

Interesting couple of days for sure, but I need to move past it and focus on these releases and events. Hope all is well with you and yours and this journey called music. :nod:

Peace and 16 PADs.