Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:09 am
Let's do something for the community, that can help everyone involved. I want to propose a Drum Swap Exchange below is how it works. Idea came while talking with Cockdiesel.

I setup a Beat Camping Google Drive account and it has separate folders. Those who are apart of this just PM me your email address, that is connected to a GOOGLE account. I'll add your name to the list of those who can upload and download the sounds. You'll only be able to access the sounds from that account.

The goal is to have a lot of legal sounds that everyone can chose from. So if you download 8 drums, make sure you put in 8 drums. (The Honor system.) Doing it this way is less work for everyone and does not tie anyone down to a particular date.

Break Down

Put in what you take out. I.E. Take 2 put in 2.
Keep it quality. UPLOAD ONLY WHAT YOU WOULD USE.
Format: WAV files only.
Can use in your recordings, productions, etc.
Agree not to sale the drums packs.
No pirated software allowed.
Don't upload Paid Sample Packs.
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:48 am, edited 8 times in total.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:23 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Perfect idea. What about synth sounds and other stuff ?

That's a great idea and could be incorporated as well. I figure if we can get a hand full of people to do the drum exchange first, we could build from there. Since drum kicks, snare, high-hat are easy.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:30 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Sounds good I’m down. Get me to focus alittle more. A little burnt out today but I might as well work on something it’s getting late for me.

So that two, lets try to get 10 people before we start. This way we'll have a great start.
By kaydigi Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:38 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Cockdiesel wrote:Sounds good I’m down. Get me to focus alittle more. A little burnt out today but I might as well work on something it’s getting late for me.

So that two, lets try to get 10 people before we start. This way we'll have a great start.

By Eyalc Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:17 am
This is cool, but I’ll be honest, I’m not a “once per month” type of person. Then I have to wait for an email, upload, etc.... I know me - I’ll have every good intention, but I won’t follow through.

If there was a way to upload all of the sounds at once - I’d do that. Giive me a folder and I’ll put 20 kicks, 20 snares and 20 hi hats up there.
By Cockdiesel Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:31 am
If we get enough people sign up I suggest we add a folder “extras” for synth sounds and other stuff. Maybe breaks and even samples if people want to share I think we can as long as it’s not monitized. If someone makes a hot beat with a sample it would be on them to clear it. Maybe in that case provide the info?

Just throwing out ideas, I can commit to this better than the beat battles.

I say this because I ran through a lot of synths the last year or two and made sure to sample the shit out of them. Still haven’t finished the d05 but I know I have to make them more “mine” it’s doable.
By Eyalc Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:36 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Eyalc wrote:This is cool, but I’ll be honest, I’m not a “once per month” type of person. Then I have to wait for an email, upload, etc.... I know me - I’ll have every good intention, but I won’t follow through.

If there was a way to upload all of the sounds at once - I’d do that. Giive me a folder and I’ll put 20 kicks, 20 snares and 20 hi hats up there.

Step 1: We set a date to send drums.
Step 2: We email our drum zip file.
Step 3: Download Link Sent.

You can email more drums and they'll be separated to send out each month. This way it gives us something to look forward to. Once we have a consistent flow, then we can do, an open exchange, this way everyone feels they are getting something and contributing. Your thoughts?

Man I’m good with that. Not trying to be high maintenance. Lol. Just set the rules and I’ll follow along.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:38 am
Cockdiesel wrote:If we get enough people sign up I suggest we add a folder “extras” for synth sounds and other stuff. Maybe breaks and even samples if people want to share I think we can as long as it’s not monitized. If someone makes a hot beat with a sample it would be on them to clear it. Maybe in that case provide the info?

Just throwing out ideas, I can commit to this better than the beat battles.

I say this because I ran through a lot of synths the last year or two and made sure to sample the **** out of them. Still haven’t finished the d05 but I know I have to make them more “mine” it’s doable.

Yeah, those are all great ideas. We can setup a google drive page for everyone apart of the exchange, in the future. Loops and unauthorized sample, is up to the producer to clear. We're exchanging for educations and commentary. :nod:
By Danoc Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:38 am
I can do this but not on a monthly schedule. I'll be so busy and l make my dough.

But l can sound design some joints.

2 kicks, 2 snares and 2 hihats?
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:40 am
Eyalc wrote:
Man I’m good with that. Not trying to be high maintenance. Lol. Just set the rules and I’ll follow along.

I like your idea of free exchange, which would make it easier. Once we get the a couple more people and do the first, then we can setup a Google Drive where people can open share, like you suggested. :nod:
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:42 am
Danoc wrote:I can do this but not on a monthly schedule. I'll be so busy and l make my dough.

But l can sound design some joints.

2 kicks, 2 snares and 2 hihats?

Yes, just 2 2 2 only once a month. We're always searching for sounds, so this would help expand everyone's library with things they may not have.