Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Danoc Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:39 pm
Hey man what you mean? :lol: I have lots and lots and LOTS of sounds LOL I keep a small amount on a thumb drive to go to the major studio in case some idiot forget their drums which has happened more than five times already.
I keep a lot of drums and sounds because I got rid of my hardware plus I get into different situations than just making music. :smoker:

Eyalc wrote:
Yes, it is all of them.

Korg Triton Extreme drum kits uploading now.

I just uploaded claps.

Told you I'm not a month to month type of person. LOL. Hope I'm not flooding the share. If you want me to remove anything let me know.

I also have the Motif ES drum kits too. Let me know if you want me eating up that much space. Triton is about 625mb, Motif is about 1.3Gb.

I've never been one to hoard sounds, and I learned a long time ago that having thousands of sounds doesn't make me a better producer. Every project I start, I create a folder of about 20 kicks, 20 snares, 10 hi-hats and 5 open hi-hats. I do a lot of layering and processing to those drums, and THAT folder of drums sounds - for my current project - I won't share with anyone. But these libraries? Y'all can have every single drum sound I have. Hoarding drum sounds I've never understood. Hoarding *processed* drums? Yeah, not gonna happen. :-)

Anyway, will keep uploading today while I have some free time.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:16 pm
Eyalc wrote:Yes, it is all of them.

I just uploaded claps.

Told you I'm not a month to month type of person. LOL. Hope I'm not flooding the share. If you want me to remove anything let me know.

I also have the Motif ES drum kits too. Let me know if you want me eating up that much space. Triton is about 625mb, Motif is about 1.3Gb.

I've never been one to hoard sounds, and I learned a long time ago that having thousands of sounds doesn't make me a better producer. Every project I start, I create a folder of about 20 kicks, 20 snares, 10 hi-hats and 5 open hi-hats. I do a lot of layering and processing to those drums, and THAT folder of drums sounds - for my current project - I won't share with anyone. But these libraries? Y'all can have every single drum sound I have. Hoarding drum sounds I've never understood. Hoarding *processed* drums? Yeah, not gonna happen. :-)

You've opened Pandora's box and filled it with fine examples of sounds. :lol: :lol: There so much candy in there, Willy Wonka sent a request to join THE XCHANGE. Do Not Remove! :lol: :lol: Did someone say Motif. :shock: :shock:

danoc wrote:Charles you're hella excited, more excited than me when I first got my MPC Live lol :lol:

it's like having 10 composers/producer in the room. It took a long time for me, to get use to working alone 99% of the time. Personally I hate it! I really think this is why most musician forums are filled with upset people. Everyone's turning into hermit crabs and snapping turtles because they work alone.

Truth be told, since we started this, the community seems to be opening up more. Man, even LAMP DOG is dropping jewels and mad post. GLORIOUS!

saltmcgault wrote::shock: track 75 in romplers... :shock:

For as long as I had this disk and I'm talking 1998...I've never heard that sound. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What have I been doing with my life.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:38 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:You've been added! Look forward to your sounds and hope you find some as well. I tell, I forgot how many sounds I have.

Thanks mate, already digging through my shit and an added bonus I'm off work next week too so I will have even more time to go through my library and pick out stuff that I hope everyone digs, looking forward to hearing what others are uploading :smoker:

Lampdog wrote:@community

I recorded 48/24 kits from EMU TURBO PHATT. Each kit is one long WAV.
You chop, you do whatever you want with it. It’s a fish, go ahead and fillet.

EMU TP -> RME UFX via stereo 1/8 cables.
RME UFX -> Reaper DAW stereo track 48/24.
No other processing. Ferrite cores on all audio cables.

Nice one Lampdog, look forward to hearing the wavs :smoker:

Cockdiesel wrote:The beat battle samples is was thinking we could archive the samples they are using. Most of the time they are vinyl rips. Would take along time to catalog them but maybe one or two a week. There’s over 200, with 3-4 songs each week.

CharlesRandolph wrote:The only issue I see, is the amount of space they take up.

I'm pretty sure I've got every weekly Beat Battle since I got involved helping out backup up my external hard drive, I will load it and find out. Regarding the space issue I've got a unused mediafire account with 10gb of storage that we could used to start archiving on a monthly basis. Just a case of uploading each weeks files in a zip, producing a word document with the beat battle number and mediafire link. Then once complete just posting the word document in the root folder of community Drum Swap for those that want to download the samples. Would save space on the google drive for more sounds
By CharlesRandolph Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:57 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've got every weekly Beat Battle since I got involved helping out backup up my external hard drive, I will load it and find out. Regarding the space issue I've got a unused mediafire account with 10gb of storage that we could used to start archiving on a monthly basis. Just a case of uploading each weeks files in a zip, producing a word document with the beat battle number and mediafire link. Then once complete just posting the word document in the root folder of community Drum Swap for those that want to download the samples. Would save space on the google drive for more sounds

That's a great idea! Please do!
By CharlesRandolph Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:40 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Awesome is there a way for us to add but not delete?

Drag the audio to the folder. :nod: The funny thing is if you on a computer and your right click on the sound, the download and remove button are right under each other. LOL Way to easy to delete files by accident.
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Eyalc Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:51 pm
Danoc wrote:Hey man what you mean? :lol: I have lots and lots and LOTS of sounds LOL I keep a small amount on a thumb drive to go to the major studio in case some idiot forget their drums which has happened more than five times already.
I keep a lot of drums and sounds because I got rid of my hardware plus I get into different situations than just making music. :smoker:

Eyalc wrote:
Yes, it is all of them.

I just uploaded claps.

Haha - naw man, what I mean by hoarding is “not sharing”. Yeah I used bad wording. Trust me man I’ve collected a ton of sounds. I don’t mind sharing it.
By Lampdog Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:25 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Anyone have Claps.

Collecting some EMU TP Clap “sample chains” for you all.
I know the rules say 44/16 but I like crystal clear samples and I will only upload stuff I would use myself, I’m not about to give you junk ya dig.

I’m noticing as I’ve suspected for a while some samples are duplicated with various parameters changed and sound way different. I’ll try to not include same sounding samples in the “sample chain” in the future. I’ll pay closer attention to not double up on samples.

I have all 4 rom slots in EMU TP filled so there are a lot of sounds and samples to go through. World Expansion, Beat Garden, X-Lead and Mo’ Phatt.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:01 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:

That's a great idea! Please do!

Will get on it Charles :smoker:

If anyone has any of the earlier beat battle samples then shoot me a PM and I will add them to the archive
By CharlesRandolph Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 pm
Lampdog wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:Anyone have Claps.

Collecting some EMU TP Clap “sample chains” for you all.
I know the rules say 44/16 but I like crystal clear samples and I will only upload stuff I would use myself, I’m not about to give you junk ya dig.

I’m noticing as I’ve suspected for a while some samples are duplicated with various parameters changed and sound way different. I’ll try to not include same sounding samples in the “sample chain” in the future. I’ll pay closer attention to not double up on samples.

I have all 4 rom slots in EMU TP filled so there are a lot of sounds and samples to go through. World Expansion, Beat Garden, X-Lead and Mo’ Phatt.

The 16 - 44.1 was because of the first way, we were going do it. However, that rule no longer applies. I'm with you 100% no junk. :nod: