Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Danoc Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:11 pm
Yep. Engineers ears and consumer are different. Lil thangs count

Fanu wrote:Same here…
Genelec 8350s in a treated room with calibration.
Audeze LCD-X headphones.
Doing it every single day and got used to hearing and tweaking small things (if you're not into small things, you shouldn't be an engineer).
By Icepulse Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:21 pm
Fanu wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:You cannot hear a 1 db nudge, its your eyes playing tricks on you. :Sigh: We call that mixing with your eye and not with your ears.

I'm fine with leaving this conversation here. Have a nice day man.

Wise.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:12 pm
Danoc wrote:Yep. Engineers ears and consumer are different. Lil thangs count

I agree, little things do count. However, everyone thinks they can tell the different, but in 1000's of blind audio test, most people could not tell the difference. Especially a 1 db difference for an entire songs. Now the things we can tell, is mastering engineering's who SMASH the heck out of the music.

Or producer who can't mix and should hire mix engineer and a different mastering engineer. Don't take my word for it, talk to Bob Katz, Bruce Swedien, Buernie Grundman, Leslie Brathwaite, Howie Weinberg, Rick Beato, Dave Pensado, Dave Collins and others. They show up at many of the AES shows. They will tell you the same thing.

I'm just replying, not attacking or point you out.
Bymember04959388 Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:24 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:Yep. Engineers ears and consumer are different. Lil thangs count

I agree, little things do count. However, everyone thinks they can tell the different, but in 1000's of blind audio test, most people could not tell the difference. Especially a 1 db difference for an entire songs. Now the things we can tell, is mastering engineering's who SMASH the heck out of the music.

Or producer who can't mix and should hire mix engineer and a different mastering engineer. Don't take my word for it, talk to Bob Katz, Bruce Swedien, Buernie Grundman, Leslie Brathwaite, Howie Weinberg, Rick Beato, Dave Pensado, Dave Collins and others. They show up at many of the AES shows. They will tell you the same thing.

I'm just replying, not attacking or point you out.

Ok but that's a problem for any field.
You cannot do anything.
You see this from an audio engineer point of view but you can apply what you say to all the different roles of the world.
Relax and make a good work, that's the only thing you can do.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:09 am
Caustic Yoda wrote:Urgh these forums get pretty silly and off topic. how is any of this relevant to the topic of 2.4? just cuz they are giving us a limiter? when it gets to name dropping time to shut down the thread, your just wasting everyones time.

Okay, I will no longer comment. I apologize to everyone on the forums. Did not mean to waste anyone's time. I hope the MPC 2.4 update works out for all.