Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Ill-Green Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:39 am
Its like you got no vibes or soul dude. Don't you hear music that you like and feel? Why do you want to make beats? Just do you and record that shit. :vomit:
By JJG Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:04 am
I’m trynna learn the fundamentals and I do cuz I’ve been making my own shit!
By Monotremata Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:51 pm
The fundamentals are just 'Here this is a song' hehe. I mean some dudes like real instruments. Make a drum beat throw a bassline under it, some funky guitar rhythms, a good vinyl loop in the background, etc. This next guy, he's into electro sounds. He starts with his drum beat, then makes a bassline with a synth, and makes a cool lead line with his buddies old Roland Juno or something. Me? Im bored with 30 years of conventional music. Might start with a drum beat, then start sampling random shit around the house thats making noise to make into alien noises in the background. Sometimes I dont even use drums, sometimes its just jamming running stuff through delay pedals or my rack or maybe just setting up my modular synth to trigger and play itself til the power dies. What kind of stuff inspires you? What kind of sounds do YOU like? What kind of stuff do YOU want to hear in your music? Thats the correct answer. Hell I have the opposite problem. I hear TOO much all day long and scramble like crazy to try and get it all down before I die hah.

We cant tell you the magic formula to write, cause there isn't one. If there was, we'd all be rich by now and wouldn't be hanging out on the internet hah.
By saltmcgault Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:58 pm
post up something that your rocking. There's a lot of experienced heads on here that could give you feedback or some tips.
By Monotremata Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 pm
Yeah thats the best bet. Its YOUR voice, but if you hit a rut and need some direction advice or some feedback post something up so we can give it! We cant tell you what to say with your music, but maybe we can help you achieve what you want.