Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Bezo Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:15 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I believe each pad can be configured for 4 zones each with a unique note and pressure CC#. Or it can be set up with one corner = note, one corner = pressure CC, one corner X-axis CC and one corner Y-axis cc.
I submitted this to the suggestion section of the new Akai forum. Anyone registered there, please vote it up.

Or submit it here. Not sure if they still monitor this with the new site up. Support seems less active on the old site.
By Elektrobolt Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:27 pm
Remember also that you can use an LFO on a filter for added "realism", i.e. cyclic changes in the sound. Since the LFO can run it's own cycle (as opposed to beat or bar/measure) you can develop an even better "organic" flavor to the sound.

I use this technique on hi-hats in many projects.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:02 pm
Elektrobolt wrote:Remember also that you can use an LFO on a filter for added "realism", i.e. cyclic changes in the sound. Since the LFO can run it's own cycle (as opposed to beat or bar/measure) you can develop an even better "organic" flavor to the sound.

I use this technique on hi-hats in many projects.

Do you have an example of this?
By peterpiper Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:11 pm
I would try LFO to pitch and/or filter and/or decay. BUT:
1. not to much cause a real drumkit won't detune that much
2. I wouldn't use a periodic LFO but a random LFO (noise LFO)
3. Instead of a Lo or HiPass filter it might sound better to use an EQ that ranomly boost and/or cut specific frequencies by a small amount. So for example the kicksample will have a 1-2dB boost at 80Hz randomly.
But I think this can quickly turn into the opposite (sound unnatural) if the amount of effect it too much.

peace