Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By NearTao Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:41 am
There are tons of sample sets... most folks here are going to tell you to get records... but that is outside what you are looking for.

First, check the links for MPC Tutor’s store, mpc-samples.com and look under drums. It’ll help support the site and he’s got some great sample packs. The breakbeat vault in particular might be what you are looking for.

Second, if that doesn’t float your boat... then you can google drum samples, drum breaks, etc... you will find hundreds of sites selling loops and one shots. I’m not going to bother listing them off because it really depends on your taste, and honestly, they are just another form of paid content.

Third, get some plugins for your computer and sample sounds yourself. Some free drum programs have arp or similar functions to drop out some quick drums beat.

Fourth, get your trusty phone out, and beat the heck out of stuff around you while recording. Pitch the sounds up/down, filter, etc... instant garage band drum kit that is totally sample free.

There are tons of other ways, but I figured I’d focus on the traditional sample content since that seemed like what you are most interested in.
By peterpiper Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:26 pm
As far as I remember the LA Riot series was not that bad . I think "Born to roll" by Masta Ace used parts of it.
But yeah......
....get records ;)

peace
By peterpiper Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:09 pm
If you are 'picky' because of copyright you should also carefully read the booklet of the Sample CD you use. Some of them are for personal use only.
peace