Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Cockdiesel Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:09 am
Ok. So the namm hype has been motivated to get some stuff done. This time without spending anything, well until the dust settles. LOL

Right now I’m trying to figure out how to run auto sampler on both the z8 and the live at the same time. A lot of kinks to work out, but it can be done.

I need to figure out how to get the z8 to populate the sharp and flat notes (black keys), it screws up the z8 side of things. However the z8 actually seems more musical ( perhaps user bias or something) I just change the range and it seems to work but when doing 61 keys that’s a bit tedious.

I wonder if it would be easier to do them in the live and then just line them up in aksys.

The other issue, which isn’t too bad, is the gainstaging between the two. It took me some time to just the two dial them in. On the live I would just turn on the maximizer on digital sources and it seemed to be good as I usually Turn my programs all the way down and work up as I’m making beats and semi mixing. This introduces a noise floor when sampling both at the same time. I found that hitting 10-6 on the z8 and dial back the input on the live to be about the same. However there is a noticeable difference in the sounds between the two,

Also need to get better at these on the z8 as I will fill it up quickly and don’t want a shoe box filled with thumb drives.

I’m trying to keep building my keygroups and share with everyone here who wants them, so any thoughts, suggestions or even critiques will help.

Wanted to throw some wavestation app patches at ya, and maybe compare the two. I don’t like making keygroups standalone either, another avenue is doing this with my sound card and making use of the digital I/o, but I thought this would be great to just have running in the background as I work on other stuff.