Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Lampdog Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:04 pm
Stop procrastinating, stop endlessly guessing, stop hatin’ and do yourself a phuccin favor.

Some free, some paid. Can’t hurt. Use google account to register for free.
You can get into it and learn a lot for free.

The link below is a search for “audio mastering” with the free filter applied.

https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?src=ukw&q=audio%20mastering&p=1&price=price-free

By Lampdog Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:35 pm
Some courses even offer a “certificate of completion” for training.
By Lampdog Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:44 pm
For years subtractive and filters have been treating me right!

Even low sounds below rumble that you can’t hear your electronic gear is still trying to reproduce and in some cases can muddy your mix by affecting things you CAN hear. Filters stop that bullshit from happening and allow gear to concentrate on sounds you WANT to come through. There’s always those where the mission is to destroy any and every wave, anything goes.

By Lampdog Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:02 pm
Remember peeps that some of the sounds you collect may already have some compression.

When you compress on top of compress, well, it might get “compressy”.

Some want that, some don’t.

By richie Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:19 am
I'm almost jealous of what kids have access to now with these kind of sites. So much of the learning curve is eliminated with all the sources available today.

Half of the anxiety people had back then was "where am I going to find info on this?" to now having to stress out over "What am I going to learn first?".
By fobedafied Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:07 am
Unreallystic wrote:I have tons and tons of Udemy courses.

You don't need to even filter for new, just wait for major holiday, 10 out of 14 days a year they seem to have a sale where the majority of their courses are 90% off.
- Unreall

good to know man. thanks. imma keep my eyes peeled. :nod: :popcorn: :worthy: