Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Cockdiesel Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:29 am
So I had an idea that hopefully can be built upon.

An open beat challenge just using the free samples tutor offers here:
https://www.mpc-samples.com/section.php ... ree-stuff/

I’m thinking we make it a month long thing so everyone can get their beats in. Hopefully we can show off what the free sounds can do to support tutor some. We have a vast database of info and also have a platform that for the most part offers free speech.

So let’s see the beats. Post up on YouTube and social media. We have a diverse array of people here even just lurkers, but here is something most people visiting this site can participate in.

Feel free to add your two cents. Should we vote on a winner? what rules should we have? Should this just be an open thread to show off the samples and beats we make? Should we just say f it ?
By Komatos Records Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:14 pm
I like the idea. I second the motion :!: I don't know if I'll have anything uploaded within a month, since I'm just beginning to learn my MPC X (actually waiting for the new unit to come in [hopefully today], since the old one had to be sent back under warranty). If I do create something at any point I'll upload it to my SoundCloud page and post a link in the Your Music section.
By Cockdiesel Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:39 pm
hmmm... one response... man my threads always flop...

Ah well, I’m going to start on my submission for this over the weekend. Komatos you can post it up in here. At least if it’s me and you not matter what, we will be in the top two :lol:

Hopefully a few others want to participate, doesn’t need to be much just use the samples that are free and see how it turns out. If you want more drum sounds to use I can upload some one shots like 808/909 style sounds.
By NearTao Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:32 pm
You need a clickbait title man!

Make dope beats with these 3 easy tricks
MPC Tutor wants these links removed
I have a screenshot of somebody’s dope beats
Click now or your next beat will be cursed
This is how to make dope beats quick
By hellnegative Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:17 pm
Keep it as more of a beat faction. Run it for a month then lock the thread. Once closed, create a new thread with all the Youtube Links in one post and a poll. Let the poll run for two weeks.
By Cockdiesel Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:13 am
Started working on this tonight. Crazy how powerful the new mpcs are just standalone.
Better come correct Kamato, seriously rocking the reaper program. Fret less bass is my jam, although pretty far away from the music I make usually.
By Cockdiesel Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:28 am
:lol: Yea right.

We better not have a paywall to hear your beat or some shit. I just want to see what people can do with the free samples.

At least you responded. Some reason Danoc is ghost, plus many others. Too afraid to get lit up by me and my headphones I guess. :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:15 pm
Cockdiesel wrote::lol: Yea right.

We better not have a paywall to hear your beat or some ****. I just want to see what people can do with the free samples.

At least you responded. Some reason Danoc is ghost, plus many others. Too afraid to get lit up by me and my headphones I guess. :lol:

I downloaded: Upright Bass Expansion, MPC Acoustic Guitar' Expansion, Live Drum Breaks, MPC Orchestral Expansion. Made a couple scratch practice tracks, let me see which one I want to share.
By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:25 am
Anyone know how to look up the chord you used with the arp. Trying to get horns in droning in the background but I can’t get it right. Thought I had the key set to d minor but I can’t get anything to work.
By Komatos Records Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:26 am
@cockdiesel: unfortunately life has really been a major S H I T storm the last year and a half. I won’t bore the forums with the hell that my life has been since Spring 2017, but needless to say the latest crisis was my mom-in-laws funeral Tuesday and me getting in a freak accident the following day that caused me to injure my right (primary) hand, particularly the 2 middle fingers. Swelled up like a balloon now, so no finger drumming for me until it heals.

I do want to take your challenge as a personal challenge to me to get me up and off my ass to learning the MPC X. So I’m setting a personal goal to get a demo track done using those 4 sets of free samples. Hopefully by the end of next quarter (June 30) I’ll have it done and uploaded.
By Cockdiesel Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:11 am
No rush man, I really have a hard time fitting music in right now. Working my ass off and super burnt out all the time.

Best of luck man, I’m not there yet but I been in that spot for some years too. Just when things were getting brighter the possibility of recession and a **** pandemic have to come around.