Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Lampdog Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:24 pm
By NearTao Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:23 pm
My man!

Great tips here... I fell into this myself a while back, but it is really solid to keep in mind, especially for folks trying to figure out how to join different tracks together to stitch a song that can hold its place and keep the listener engaged.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:32 pm
In Short:

To keep the listener interested, beginner composer and arrangers should focus on the basic four Dynamics and Tempos. It does not have to change every 8 bars because it becomes formulaic and predictable, just like the example beat he played. I find when the listeners is musically educated, they will search for music that offers a higher level composing and arrangement.

Dynamics:

piano = soft
mezzo piano = average Soft
mezzo forte = average Loud
forte = Loud

Tempos:

Very Slow: Grave
Slow: Largo
Medium: Moderato
Fast: Allegro
By CharlesRandolph Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:14 pm
NearTao wrote:Dynamic range in all directions is important :)

Yes, Quietest to Loudest and everything in between.
By Lampdog Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:28 am
NearTao wrote:I fell into this myself a while back.......

Me too!

I was thinking this could help the few OP’s I’ve seen recently asking techniques on fills
sequences and technique.

NOTHING kills my interest more than TOO many twists and turn or a LACK of twists and turns in a beat.
Granted there are a few beats that are so flowers hard that you don’t mind them being super minimalistic.