Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By JJG Thu May 07, 2020 6:33 am
Anyone know of a program or how to get rid of drums out of a sample besides chopping it?
By NearTao Thu May 07, 2020 2:05 pm
Ceremony Melodyne has a few tricks... so *maybe* worth a look.

Usually you're looking at a lot of eq'ing/filtering and such and probably aren't going to get great results.

Are you aware of tricks to remove the center channel? You might get lucky there.
By peterpiper Thu May 07, 2020 3:10 pm
Show me the sample and I tell you what to do.
Here is an example I did were I 'deleted' the snare in the intro.

peace
By NearTao Thu May 07, 2020 3:15 pm
peterpiper wrote:Show me the sample and I tell you what to do.

OP said without chopping... I'm guessing you 'deleted' by playing a different slice... though I'd be interested in an explanation about what you did.
By saltmcgault Thu May 07, 2020 3:48 pm
https://www.yellownoiseaudio.com/

I have had some samples sound better than others. It bogs down my computer when I use it. Freezing the track in ableton helps with the reducing cpu load. It still wasn't what I was expecting but its worth checking out.
By peterpiper Thu May 07, 2020 5:18 pm
NearTao wrote:

OP said without chopping... I'm guessing you 'deleted' by playing a different slice... though I'd be interested in an explanation about what you did.

No choppin goin on in this example. The 'technique': interpolation between two points (before the start / somwhere in the release of the drumsound). Depending on the sample it might work better when this interpolation happen only in the 'important' frequency range.

Other method: hard limiting the drumsound (especially the first 100ms - 150ms). Again, might work better if it's set to work just in the necessary frequency range.
peace
By JJG Fri May 08, 2020 4:28 am
NearTao wrote:Ceremony Melodyne has a few tricks... so *maybe* worth a look.

Usually you're looking at a lot of eq'ing/filtering and such and probably aren't going to get great results.

Are you aware of tricks to remove the center channel? You might get lucky there.

Yes I used to disconnect the R or L input on my mpc from whatever I was sampling from but I’m working with the mpc live now
By JJG Fri May 08, 2020 4:30 am
saltmcgault wrote:https://www.yellownoiseaudio.com/

I have had some samples sound better than others. It bogs down my computer when I use it. Freezing the track in ableton helps with the reducing cpu load. It still wasn't what I was expecting but its worth checking out.

interesting thanks for the the help
By JJG Fri May 08, 2020 4:30 am

peace

It’s Gary Davis the time for love is now
I was trying to remove the drums like what time machine did in call of the wild
By JJG Sun May 24, 2020 4:20 am
NearTao wrote:Ceremony Melodyne has a few tricks... so *maybe* worth a look.

The center channel? No lol I’ve been trying to kill the eq on an mpc live